Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ‘95 teg (OBD1) and I am having transmission issues. I can drive in D4 when I start the car, but after a short time driving it will shift shift into 3rd gear. After that happens D4 will no longer operate as automatic, and I have to shift between D3 and D2 myself. D1 goes to 2nd gear and D4 goes to 3rd. I changed the fluid one time; 3qt Castrol Transmax Import (says it’s Honda certified). The old fluid was completely black and the drain magnet had a lot of metal on it. I checked the solenoid filters on top of the transmission, they appear fine as far as I can tell. I’m not sure what’s going on. I don’t know why it would work for a little while when starting then suddenly not work anymore. If anyone could help it would be appreciated!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some new information for anyone who might have any advice on how to fix this issue: the issue only seems to occur when I’m stopped and then try to accelerate again it will be stuck in either 4th gear or 3rd gear I can’t really tell, but it certainly isn’t 1st gear. So I have to accelerate from 2nd gear which works, but I know if I keep driving with only two gears I’m going to run though gas and destroy the trans even quicker.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts