Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been wanting to do this for a while because I never liked how plain the automatic shifter looks on Integra’s and I thought it would be cool to make a shift boot for my car. So, I bought a leather shift boot made for a manual transmission Integra and paired it up with a genuine brushed aluminum RAZO shifter. It took some time to get it to fit, the whole process took about 1 hr and a half mainly because the damn console took so long to get off. Please don’t say that I’m trying to pretend to have a manual…I’m working with what I have. Let me know what you guys think of the new look…thanks

·
Registered
445 Posts
This is what I see:

Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!
The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
hm...I like the shift boot but the shift knob I dont like...anyway, still looks nicer then other stock autos. You do know that the piece you took off pops right out right?
I dont think it was necessary to take out the whole console.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I think it looks good, how did you do this
I would love to look into doing this

Michele

·
Registered
434 Posts
Can you get into all the gears? And how did you attach it? I've tried this w/generic boots but none of their bases are quite big enough. Is the stock Integra 5spd or 96-00 Civic boot big enough to fit comfortably?

Edit: Ah yeah, how much did the boot cost?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn't take any pictures but I'll try to describe to you what I did. First I took off the entire console. The boot is made for a 94-97 Manual Integra / 96-00 Manual Civic (they are the same size) It cost me $35 but it's very high quality leather so it was worth the money.
So I first installed the new shifter then I turned the boot inside out and slid the narrow end over the top of the shifter. I then used a zip-tie to attach the shift boot to the shifter. once that's done you fold the shift boot back so the leather side it showing again. Then you stretch the boot around the base of the shifter (the part that shows you what gear you are in) It fits very snugly so it shouldn't slide out accidentally.

once your done you replace the console which will secure the leather in place. It was a little tight due to the leather but if you push it down slowly it will work. Screw in all the screws that were holding down the shifter and your done. I hope this gives you kind of an idea of what I did.

Here's a link to the site that showed me how to install it. The install is for a manual transmission but the pictures may help explain what I'm talking about. Link

·
Registered
71 Posts
I done that too mine also.. I get a lot of compliments. I just put a stock shift boot from a GSR and a shiftknob. I like it because I hate the way stock autos look too. BLAH!

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
mine friend and I did this to his auto Civic like a year and a half ago... Its A nice touch to the auto cars,,, i've been meaning to do this, but Time ...lol i don't have

Frank

·
Registered
301 Posts
i'd really like to know very DETAILED directions on how to do this, i have been trying for days to get someone to tell me but no luck.........did u buy a e brake knob or does your knob not have a button?.....if so how does that work when trying to shift from park ect...?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The shifter has a botton on the top that I press to shift gears, You could do this with any shifter but I chose this one b/c I like the style. I just used a shift boot made for a 94-97 manual integra. It fits almost prefectly but you have to remove the console to wrap the leather around the part that shows what gear you are in.

Let me know if this help...otherwise post any other questions.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Both of your projects look way cool. As others are asking, is there any problems shifting into any gear ?

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Ya, i just saw Dave's pic of his shift knob, his has a button, see mine is as real as it can look..mine has no button cuz i wanted it to look like a real manual..what you do to get into a gear is push down and pull or if you're going from D to P or something u push down and push up..get it? I have no problem at all shifting, when i first put it in with a friend, we had to try it out a couple times and loosen the spring, cuz originally i had to push down SO hard, but now its natural and very easy! i love it!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts