Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the autolock a couple weeks ago.. i have an automatic teg so I have to put the lock on my brake. In order to apply the autolock properly I have to put a lot of negative presure on the brake. Did anybody ever have any problems e.g. bending, stuck ? Is it safe?

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
well you can just stick a key down in the shift lock release. slowing the car down with the parking brake, but on and auto teg... pointless, either way its a great deterrent though! theives will see it and pass to the next teg, unprotected...like mine... OH NO!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RedTeg26 on Feb/25/04 said:
well you can just stick a key down in the shift lock release. slowing the car down with the parking brake, but on and auto teg... pointless, either way its a great deterrent though! theives will see it and pass to the next teg, unprotected...like mine... OH NO!
Just when I thought I was safe you put another bad though in my head... Oh well.. I am getting the clifford rsx3.5 and the Blackjax installed this weekend. It is always good to know about the weekness of my security.. As we all know NOTHING can stop a good thief or a FLATBED!!!!

·
Registered
716 Posts
BEST ADVICE:

-AUTO LOCK

-CLUB THE STEERING WHEEL

-KILL SWITCH

-GOOD ALARM

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, CHECK oN YOUR CAR WHEN YOU CAN, even when you're too lazy to get up when the ALARM GOES off, get up and check it out, even if its a stupid cat on the hood. -STEPHEN

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
^^^ Chris, 2 on your clutch pedal?!?! how did you get 2 on there?

Stephen...I don't think I'm ever too lazy to get up when my alarm goes off. With our cars who is! I'm not even lazy to get up even if the outside motion light goes off on a super windy night. Owning our cars makes it hard to sleep at night.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
aalb1 on Jan/12/05 said:
^^^ 2 on your clutch pedal?!?! how did you get 2 on there?

It's a little tough, but if you manuver them right you can fit 2 on there snug. I really don't even have to go to this extent. lol The car is blocked in on all sides with a total of 4 cars blocking it. But I'm paranoid so I do it anyway.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Autolock is great. I use one. The only thing I don't like is the fact that I have to move it back and forth from the passenger side to the driver side when I put it on and take it off. I've afraid I'm going to scratch up my shift knob and console someday.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm pretty sure they have ways of getting around it or getting it off....there is no one security device that can protect your car all the time. The best we can do is layer on the security so that it takes them a lot longer to take our cars and hopefully they will either quit b/c its taking so long or they will get caught

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
eonflux on Jan/12/05 said:
i really dont think an autoloc can be taken off unless they weld it off, and will take time and make noise. a theif isnt going to mess with an autolock, they're only chance is to tow it away
If that were true, people would only put an autolock on their ride and forget about an alarm/fuel cutoff/etc etc etc.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.