Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
link

i came across that when looking for a kit to control my shave doors. my antenna is shaved also, so i don't have any radio reception.

anyone here use this antenna? any problems with it?

what are my other options (other than putting antenna back in)?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Many newer vehicles have the antennae built into the back window along with the defroster strips. This is probably an expensive (if even possible) proposition on a piece of glass not from the factory.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jteg96 on Feb/13/04 said:
It doesn't have am hope you don't listen to any talk radio
ha... nah. just need FM. my daily commute went from 12 minutes to 120 minutes, so i need something other than the sweet sound of VTEC to keep me entertained and updated on traffic info.

anyone know if htere's anything like this with AM available? i just realized i might miss out on a ballgame or something. might be nice to have AM every now and then.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
not for am that I know of...MZ...was talking about just getting an antenna and stuffing it in the car somewhere but this will actually (suppose to anyway) help your FM since you will need to put power to it.
Later,
Jared

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
thats way too much money ur better off gettin the s2000 antenna, looks sweet as hell not as big as our giant antenna and will work wtih am and fm

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
if you're just worried about having radio reception and you had your antenna hole shaved, the cheapest and practical way of having an antenna is by getting the interior antenna and mount it inside on the windshield, behind the rearview mirror like what i did. clean and simple and works good. got it for $15 at pepboys instead of that autoloc thing. expensive.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I have not heard much about the Autoloc one however I am thinking of getting the S2000 one , or maybe the one Brian just mentioned may work I will have to check out my local Pepboys and see whats up

·
Administrator
43,019 Posts
Trick we used to do at Best Buy many years ago:

"The Hidden Rubber Ducky" (its a rubber replacement antenna thats about 12-18" long)

this antenna placed in the dash (typically just zipped it up above the glovebox or something), plugged into the radio led to acceptable FM reception.... $12 out the door, done deal

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
MorningZ on Oct/12/04 said:
Trick we used to do at Best Buy many years ago:

"The Hidden Rubber Ducky" (its a rubber replacement antenna thats about 12-18" long)

this antenna placed in the dash (typically just zipped it up above the glovebox or something), plugged into the radio led to acceptable FM reception.... $12 out the door, done deal
Actually they upped the price (in MO at least) It's get ready $16+tax now

·
Administrator
43,019 Posts
still beats $70 for that Autoloc one

i haven't worked at BB for, uhh, 4.5 years now, so excuse my pricing gaff....

stupid thing is, i still remember SKU number for some parts and labor

·
Registered
930 Posts
yea i was thinkin of gettin that autoloc hidden antenna, that is until i clicked on "add to cart" and saw that it was $69.00. my previous find before the autoloc one was the "window mounted antenna" by metra... who also makes aftermarket cd mounting kits and such... the metra antenna runs about 20... just never got the time to check buy it and install it...

·
Registered
865 Posts
The antenna I put in my last teg worked pretty good. It was from AutoZone or Advanced auto (all the same to me). It had a black box in the middle and two flat metal strips that came out the side for a total of 18" or so. I mounted it in the rear window about an inch from the top. Could barely ever see it and the reception was decent. It had a ground strap, but I didn't even hook that up as I didn't want to drill a hole in my hatch. Didn't seem to help reception anyhow.
BTW...I don't think I spent more than 20 bucks on it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.