Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

My buddy and I will both be driving my car for the autocross series this summer...That means that we need to be quick about the changing of the numbers on the car.

Ideally, we would get the magnetic sheets that we could swap out insta-magicly...

Does anybody have any idea where we could find these magnetic number?

Thanks, all...

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Here's were I ordered my magnetic sheets - Magnet King site.

And if I might offer a tip to you ... I ordered 3 of the 12 x 24 sheets in blue, because I wanted to make sure that I had more than enough. What I should have ordered is 2 of the blue ones and one of the white ones.

Why order that way you say? Well, even though I didn't need that many sheets to get what numbers and class letters I needed currently, I figured since I would only be adding about $.50 extra shipping with one more sheet, it would be better to order it now rather than pay the minimum UPS rate (about $5 - $8) later on just one sheet.

And, if you are running in SCCA sanctioned events, they may want you to run some 'Tire Rack' and 'SCCA Solo 2' stickers while you participate. That is what the white would be for. Just put your stickers on the magnetic material, cut it out, and 'BLAM' you have instant magnetic stickers.

Hope this helps ... Oh, and btw, they were pretty good as far as delivery and service are concerned. I will probably buy from them again.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the white is less expensive than the colored type, which is why it would be good for use as sticker backing.

Also, a guy I know here locally had a good idea involving the use of vinyl stickers. He used spray paint (starting with primer, of course) to get some of the sheets of white to match his RSX's color. He then applied vinyl letters and numbers to that 'color matched' material. He also had some product logos made, which he put on other sections of that 'color matched' material.

Long story short, when he uses his magnets, they look very good. Looks like his numbers, letters, and product logos are painted on the car. Also, because all of the vinyl stickers are on square or rectangular pieces of magnetic material, he has an easier time of lining them up when he puts them on the car.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Go to Home Depot and get some magnetic vent covers. You get 3 good sized sheets for about $8. The only problem is that they are kind of thin, but it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
hmongboy on Apr/12/04 said:
holy crap thats a ripoff.

i got mine at an event from a local guy that does it. got 6 numbers and my class letters for like $30. that place wants and EXTRA $25 for 10" letters... ha. no thanks.

also, you can contact a 'sign' making store that does magnetic graphics for work vans and stuff. see if they have any scrap or screw-ups laying around that you can get cheap. then just get a x-acto knife and some vinyl paint and you are all set for only a few bucks. just make sure the size and color meet the requirements of the club you are gonna run in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts