Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering what I should do to my car to make it noticeably quicker in daily driving - in the city and on the highway - and in such organized activities as autocrossing. I was thinking junkyard turbo to 200 whp (low boost, low expectations, low cost... ?), but then someone said a JRSC is good for autocross (torque) but not worth it for top end. I don't really have much money left.

Here's what I have: Acura Integra LS 4dr. 138,000 miles. Comptech 4-2-1 Headers, Carsound cat, and Comptech catback exhaust. Eibach Pro-Kit, Koni Yellows, Neuspeed front and rear upper strut tower bars and rear lower tie bar, and JDM ITR 23mm rear sway bar.

I'm thinking of getting a Comptech Icebox, but I don't want to waste the money if in two months I decide to go with F/I.

Any suggestions for improving my useful power?

Thanks,
And I'm only posting because I've been lurking for days without getting any inspiration,
Ben

·
Registered
577 Posts
with 138K miles, i really wouldn't suggest slappin on a supercharger or a turbo. Your engine might not like it. to tell you the truth, i'd rebuild your engine first, then work from there.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Milage doesn't indicate engine's condition..take it to a dealera and get a Leakdown and compression test done..then have them do their signature 50 point inspection..particularly if you're auto'xing ..you need to make sure things will hold up when you're putting added stresses it wouldn't normally see on it..you can do the first 2 things I mentioned but usually it's good to have them all done around the same time and would be my recommendation..go from there to determine what to replace..and what not to..You will possibly have to replace more things than you originally planned on but it's better to be safe than sorry..Turbo's good but unless you get a small enough one when you're autox'ing it doesn't spool up enough normally to be fully effective..Just what I've noticed from seeing countless others learn that lesson on the track..you'll be in Street modified or modified X..

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Street Mod isn't an entry level class. It takes a well rounded car and good driver to place. I've been ate by ringers from time to time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts