Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day i was doing some work with the dash fixing my gauges and i went ahead took out the gauge cluster and the sterring wheel (it made it a little easier to work on)after doing the neccasry job i went to reinstall my gauge cluster but i had problems reconneting the wire that plaugs into the back of the odo. After playing around with it for a while i finally got it to go (at least i think so)

Anyway i put pretty much everything back together except the bezel which i left off because its a ***** to put on and take off and i wanted to make sure that everything was ok b4 i put it back on.

Any way the bezel is still off along with all the buttons that are on it (the fogs, hazards, rear defrost, and light dimmer) and now my car starts but i cant shift out of park unless i use the shift lock release by inserting the key. I dont know what it could be i reinstalled all the buttons but it still wont shift out of park. any ideas?

·
Registered
549 Posts
sh*t, I hate being put in situations like that. Good luck man, were with ya

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well lets all take some time out to laugh at me. I fixed the problem last night. I figured that something wasn't grounded right so i went and looked under the hood. I couldn't figure out what was wrong till i noticed that the fuse box us slightly open. Than i remembered!! I took out the fuse for the horn so that it wouldn't go off when i removed the steering wheel. I poped that sucker back in and sure enough no more locked tranny.

So take a lesson from me and always put back your fuses, cause even something as small as the fuse for the horn can cause some major problems. again lets all take some time to laugh at me. laters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts