Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2001 ls auto and i want to no how much work is put into to change auto to manuel (im not talking about price i alrdy got all the stuff from a wrecked car). can someone tell me everything i have 2 change and how long it would probably take ??

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
My mechanic I go to usually takes about a week with 2 other guys helping him. If you're not mechanically inclined then it could probably be very difficult. You need lifts air wrenches, wiring has to be done, electrical layouts and so on and so on. You get the point my mechanic takes a full day to lay everything out. And prep the car before a single bolt is turned. Do some research with manuals and use the internet. Or you can talk to BEN at GTR MOTORSPORTS in Woodbine MD.

1-301-854-6252.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
chrgd_ls_vtec on Feb/26/04 said:
My mechanic I go to usually takes about a week with 2 other guys helping him. If you're not mechanically inclined then it could probably be very difficult. You need lifts air wrenches, wiring has to be done, electrical layouts and so on and so on. You get the point my mechanic takes a full day to lay everything out. And prep the car before a single bolt is turned. Do some research with manuals and use the internet. Or you can talk to BEN at GTR MOTORSPORTS in Woodbine MD.

1-301-854-6252.
ur mechanic must be a freaking dumbass, either that or he takes really long and rips people off on labor. while i agree that it is not a DIY job if you arent handy with a wrench and at welding(tranny mounts need to be chisled off and re-welded), but it certainly shouldnt take a week for a 'pro' to do...there have been guys on here that did it in a day...

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Dumbass is a assanine word to use to somebody who was undefeated in '99 in the SCCA PRO SOLO NATIoNAL CHAMPIoNSHIPS. And by the way that was just an estimate that I thought of that's why I left him the freaking number so he could call himself and find out. And I like to know how things turned out in a one day tranny install HAHA. Take your time and do it right the first time. Everybody wants to be a hero!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.