Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I drive a 98 ls integra.

I was wonder how much would it cost to do a auto to manual conversion.

Would it be cheaper just to get a new motor with the tranny and do it than or what?

What I want to know is how much would it cost to do it. Cause I'm deciding on whether to just do it now or wait until i can get a new motor in it.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
711 Posts
usually cost around 2-3 gs.....ur better of just swaping engines...get a gsr engine while ur going to be paying that much...

good luck

·
Registered
377 Posts
why dont you just sell your car to a someone since it is automatic im sure alot of people will be intrested. then you buy a standard car. You might even have some money left over for something else you want.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
time2pound on Feb/16/04 said:
why dont you just sell your car to a someone since it is automatic im sure alot of people will be intrested. then you buy a standard car. You might even have some money left over for something else you want.
agreed

·
Registered
514 Posts
90_integraLS on Feb/16/04 said:
Quote: time2pound on Feb/16/04why dont you just sell your car to a someone since it is automatic im sure alot of people will be intrested. then you buy a standard car. You might even have some money left over for something else you want.
agreed
[/quote]
i concur

·
Registered
33 Posts
Edited by Mindburner at 02/16/2004 11:45:37 PM

I've looked into it before a few times, and trust me, it's really not worth the money. You would be better off selling the car.

Edit: Spelled stuff wrong

·
Registered
292 Posts
We did one on a 98 Civic for right around 1500 (labor included) it took all of 6 hours.....depending on deals found on parts a teg would be roughly in the same area. Don't expect a garage to be anywhere near that.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Just buying a new car IS the cheapest way to do it. oNLY if you haven't put much time into your car, if you have I'd just do the conversion...that's what I did. I've spent over 72hrs of labor just into the stereo, and I never want to leave this car

Mine cost around $2500 but that's including a ITR trans for $1400 (yeah, I know it's high but it only had 3100 miles on it and it was a 2001) Good luck!

·
Registered
355 Posts
im working on my conversion i probably spent around 2Gs including labor im just waiting for it to go into the shop i have oem clutch and what not if your interested

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
or you could read a book and do it for the cost of parts.parts are way less than 2k.. thepartstrader.com and others like it junkyards are real nice... i just got all the parts to do the auto to manual swap on a gen2 for 80 bucks ..yep cant beat reading a book.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm considering an auto>manual swap sometime also.

it may be more financially sound on paper to just sell the car and get a manual one, but personally I have a lot of suspension stuff on my car I'd rather not swap over, and I know that everything else is mechanically sound. you always inherit other problems with a different car.

for an LS at least, I estimated buying all the parts individually at Ebay prices to be $1000 minimum, this includes using an existing engine.

I think getting a wrecked/salvage teg for $1000-2000 is the way to go. that way you will have ALL the parts you need, would be able to reference an intact manual car, have an extra engine, and any other resellable part that offsets the cost to well below $1000 I would think. but with a salvage car there's no guarantee the engine or trans work. it's a tradeoff.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I havent seen the hydro parts in the Jyard as often as i see the cable stuff but there are members on ti parting out integras check 95silverbullet in Md maybe he still has the hydro hardlines.. then get a tranny from thepartstrader you will need the pedals starter flywheel clutch realease bearing ecu..if you look hard enough i know you could find that stuff in the junkyard... theres a Jyard in washington state that speacializes in imprt stuff and they know what you want .. i'll try tp remember the name and post it back here... 2grand good god dam thats a lot of money.

http://www.asapmotors.com/
http://srch.lop.com/search/search.c...d302637733d332666633d302665633d30266d6f3d3026 yeah thats a long link but it is a partsfinding list from honda tunning

1 - 20 of 31 Posts