Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which brackets and mounts do i need for the trans?? im missing the tbone bracket and the mounts so that is 004,006,009..rite? here

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes but which one is it on the acura oem parts?

edit:so is it 011 instead of 009?

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
nohp on Sep/17/07 said:
yes but which one is it on the acura oem parts?

edit:so is it 011 instead of 009?
You cant do it that way. The actual frame of the car is different. If you wanted to use OEM mounts, you'd have to chop the top trans mount off the frame, weld in the 5-speed one, then use the stock mount.

Its too much work. Get an Innovative brand mount for $130 and save the headache. Its a bolt in affair.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm yea a auto to manual mount would be better...HELP

·
Registered
432 Posts
MeltMan on Sep/17/07 said:
*wait* what year is your car? thats a diagram for a DA.

I honestly dont know which mounts are needed for an auto/manual on a DA.
Exactly, what year is your car?

For a DA AT-MT conversion, Innovative makes a mount for the transmission, so you don't have to do any shimming, etc. However if you wanted to use OEM parts, you will need 4, 6 and 9. You will also need longer bolts w/washers and spacers for shimming the mount [#4] from the transmission mount bracket [#6]... you need to shim about 1.25" or so. Lastly, you do not need the rear L bracket from a Manual DA, as they are the same...

When I did mine, I didn't know I needed to change the rear frame mount, so I didn't. To this day it still has the stock automatic rear subframe mount... with energy suspension bushings.

Please let us know what year your car is since its nto in your profile information.

·
Registered
432 Posts
MeltMan on Sep/26/07 said:
That was a very good post. Thank you for filling in our DA at/mt void here on TI.
No problem, glad to help. I've done 3 and the only differences between all of them... is the wiring. The colors on the wires were changed in 91... and again in 92... sucks cuz every thread I've ever seen on the subject had jumbled information... so... yea it sucks I just give out the pin the wires go into and stuff now.

so when the wiring portion comes, let me know I'll help you out as much as possible. If you're close, I may come give you a hand :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.