Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm going to do this swap next month. i just need some help from anyone in here. what parts do i need? do i have to change my center console or could i use the same one? how much should i pay for the swap? ihave a b16a tranny with lsd cable.thats the one i'm going to use for my lsvtec.

·
Registered
184 Posts
- What are all the parts I need to do an automatic to manual conversion?
LS or GS-R Tranny
Transmission Linkages
Transmission Mounts
Clutch
Flywheel
Pressure Plate
5 Speed Pedals
Manual ECU
Manual Gauge Cluster (optional)
Shifter and Shift Boot
Clutch/Slave Cylinders
Clutch Resovoir
Matching Throttle Cable for the Pedal Set
hydraulic lines

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
could the tranny be cable? i heard its possible with the mount kit from has port and the conversion kit too.
i just want cable becuse i like it, also because the b16a tranny has almost the same gearing as the type r.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i am in the middle of a 5spd swap and i ran into a problem.

on the pedals i cant get the top bolt off, the one above the brake. iv got everything off and the top bolt is inaccessible. on the doner car i just ripped everything out(vents wires steering wheel) but i dont want to do that this time.

so what i was wondering is, is the a easier way to get the bolt off,
or
can i cut the clutch part off the bracket and bolt it onto the existing pedals?

looks easy enough, i am a welder and machinist. i would also have to adapt the brake pedal.

thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
829 Posts
one of the bigger problems people run when they do the auto to 5sp conv. is the trany mount.

The bracket that is welded to the frame, is in a diferent position then the one for the 5sp cars. So you have to modifiy the bracket on the frame(cut and reweld a new one) or buy the HaSport conversion mount.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
man all you need to do is search. I know htere is a post with specifics of what you need and what needs to be done.

·
Registered
14 Posts
k well im gona try to cut and weld the bracket. if it works it should save time and should be pretty easy. if it works as well as i think it will ill try to post pics up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
what is the gold computer box where the clutch pedle goes on my auto?

i cut the bracket todayvand am in the process of bolting it on. it looks like it will be really simple, i just need to bend the tabs down on the old braket and it should slide right over.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
since yours is gonna be a cable you dont need clutch master or slave cylinders. but with a helms, some common tools or even ones that you can rent its a good weekend project. plan to pay atleast $500 in labor for it at a shop.

there isnt a article on how to do it because i tried to write one last year on it and its retardedly long.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
You're going to need the manual flywheel bolts as well, the automatic ones don't work.

Since you have a donor car handy, also cut out the protion of the exhaust tunnel from the manual car and attach it over the gaping hole left where the auto shifter assembly goes through. There is a huge difference in size. Just don't cut up the manual car until AFTER you measure just how much of that panel you need.

I've done this twice now, trust me.

·
Registered
180 Posts
here in texas. the average qoute is $400 from multiple shops. at first i thought this was weird but these people have done it many times and i have called there customers to see how they liked it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts