Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 95 Ls has a blown tranny at the moment, maybe more, I'll be finding out this weekend when i replace it. So I was thinking if there is anything thing else wrong with my motor I should just replace it with something better and me being myself i thought, Why not a H22?, yeah I know difference in weight and possible understeer.Besides that I have one question

Does anyone make mount kits for auto swap or do i just use the normal 5-speed swap kit?

·
Registered
527 Posts
it being 5 speed or not has nothing to do with the mounts. So yes, the "5-speed" mounts will fit. place racing has some good h22 mounts.

why don't you just use that money to convert to manual? if the engine is out of the car already its not hard to do.

but good luck with your swap.
cheers

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
loud_whispers on Feb/13/04 said:
it being 5 speed or not has nothing to do with the mounts. So yes, the "5-speed" mounts will fit.
Are you sure about that? Even the b-series has different mounts between auto and manual transmissions. If it is different, you will either have to modify the mount from hasport or wherever you choose to buy them or if they sell them for autos, buy the auto transmission mount.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You could also look into getting a JDM AUTO GSR OR SIR-G. ARD PERFORMANCE has these motors for 2295.95 + shipping of course then labor. They also have H22A AUTO SWAPS there too for like 1995.95 I think. Well good luck man. Oh yeah you could also do a killer B20VTEC OR A LSVTEC setup. Alot of options there. Peace.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Martian on Feb/14/04 said:
You could also look into getting a JDM AUTO GSR OR SIR-G. ARD PERFORMANCE has these motors for 2295.95 + shipping of course then labor. They also have H22A AUTO SWAPS there too for like 1995.95 I think. Well good luck man. Oh yeah you could also do a killer B20VTEC OR A LSVTEC setup. Alot of options there. Peace.
They might sell the swap but do they sell the mounts? $2295.95 for an auto B18C is a great deal and it would fit w/out modification.

·
Registered
527 Posts
well the motor mounts will be the same..
5 speed or auto..

transmission mounts now are a different story.
i dont think they sell auto transmission mounts for integras so they will definitely have to be custom tailored for the teg.

reason being.. most people in their right mind would not replace an auto with another auto for more power. haha JK!

you may even have to modify the 5-speed transmission mount like hakamoto said for the auto tranny. I dont think that will be extremely hard to do. Just go to a reputable shop, they will pretty much guide you on what to do.

but yes the trans mounts are different in auto and manual transmissions. sorry if i didnt make that clear in the first post.

cheers.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hakamoto on Feb/14/04 said:
Quote: Martian on Feb/14/04You could also look into getting a JDM AUTO GSR OR SIR-G. ARD PERFORMANCE has these motors for 2295.95 + shipping of course then labor. They also have H22A AUTO SWAPS there too for like 1995.95 I think. Well good luck man. Oh yeah you could also do a killer B20VTEC OR A LSVTEC setup. Alot of options there. Peace. They might sell the swap but do they sell the mounts? $2295.95 for an auto B18C is a great deal and it would fit w/out modification.
im sure you can do the same with that as the H22.. they dont sell aftermarket mounts for the b18c( that i know of).. i dont see the problem with trying to use/modify usdm GSR mounts.. it infact is damn near the same engine. Maybe even trying to use Auto LS mounts..trying to modify them a bit.. most of the b series transmissions sit pretty much in the same spot, and i dont think he'll be pulling an assload of power out of an auto..at least not enough to break any kind of mount. So the LS might suffice..

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
B-series motor mounts well at least the b18c1-5 and the b18b are the same. The auto mount sits lower than the manual mount. So if he decided to keep the auto tranny w/a b18c he could use his stock mounts. However if he wanted the H22 w/auto tranny, if the auto and manual tranny mounts are different, he would have to either custom fabricate a bracket or something to make the H22 mount fit, or find a place that sells one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
sh*t you got a LS motor? get the block rebuilt if serious work is needed put a vtec head on that *****. Do a auto to manual swap while the motor is out of the car and be the new talk of the street. You are looking at atleast close to 3000 on h22a swap which isnt the best choice in my opinion integra are already heavy and now your putting a heavy motor in there. Kinda like putting a 454 in a box chevy :). It will work but rides like sh*t. Use your money wisely :) you could probably find a b18c1 with high mileage on it and find a SE Integra i think those came with GSR Auto tranmission. Do that swap find a 95 SE ecu to match your current setup and be on your way.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
teeteg on Feb/14/04 said:
sh*t you got a LS motor? get the block rebuilt if serious work is needed put a vtec head on that *****. Do a auto to manual swap while the motor is out of the car and be the new talk of the street. You are looking at atleast close to 3000 on h22a swap which isnt the best choice in my opinion integra are already heavy and now your putting a heavy motor in there. Kinda like putting a 454 in a box chevy :). It will work but rides like sh*t. Use your money wisely :) you could probably find a b18c1 with high mileage on it and find a SE Integra i think those came with GSR Auto tranmission. Do that swap find a 95 SE ecu to match your current setup and be on your way.
Yeah, swap in that there vtec head yo, not really I'm just being an ass. No, the SE and the SIR-G auto came w/the exact same tranny as the LS/GS/RS. I will concur w/you on the H22 being a heavy beotch though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts