Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a clifford rs3.5 alarm into my teg. I use the autostarter on a daily basis and a few of my friends tell me it is not good for the starter. Did anybody ever have to replace a starter because of to much use or is it just a myth?

thanks,
skilly

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I used one on my car for over a year and never had any trouble with it except when the remote broke the company didn't make that series anymore and they couldn't replace it. I had to buy a different system all together. Make sure you get a spare remote just incase. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
the only fear I've ever heard is people who auto-start the car- and then get in- turn the key to far and grind- but the newer alarms should all lock the key to keep this from happening.

·
Super Moderator
14,193 Posts
meconfu5ed on Mar/13/04 said:
the only fear I've ever heard is people who auto-start the car- and then get in- turn the key to far and grind- but the newer alarms should all lock the key to keep this from happening.
Won't happen. The anit-grind prevents that also. After I had started mine by remote one morning I hoped in and turned the key. RIght as I was turning it I realized what I did but it was too late. The alarm took care of it though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does it matter how long I keep the car on idle after I autostart it? Sometimes i keep it idling for 10min or so..

·
Registered
280 Posts
some alarms have a timer so you dont forget that your car is started and other beep every few minutes to remind you but nothing bad will come from it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
viEtRidinbOi on Mar/13/04 said:
my alarm grinds my car when it starts it? can somone help me fix this its a "code alarm" system. anyway i can reprogram it?
Find out if your modle stops the starter signal by sensing an rpm signal or if it is set up by time. If by time you can program the timer down a step to stop it from grinding

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
This thread just reminded me that my LS has autostart. hahh

It never did any damage to mine. I do remember that when it was really cold sometimes it would not work. Very rare though.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got da viper 550esp remote start alarm on my 95 ls, and it works fine. i can start witout having to step on the clutch. when i remote start da car, all i have to do when im in the car is stick the key and turn it once and step on the brake to turn off the remote start. The car will be running like a normal start up. Easy as 123. And if your wondering, if i remote start my car and then turn the key twice the car does not grind. the alarm system has some sort of device that prevents you/your car from doing that.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Like everyone is saying. Yer engine knows no difference.

The only harm that could happen is if the it continues to crank after the engine starts up. Just adjust the timing till it stops if you can.

only other thing is if you leave it in gear and try to crank. If you have forgetful people (not me....) and they leave it in gear and you remote it will lurch you're car forward which is bad. Just be careful and yer set.

·
Registered
617 Posts
prodaz on Mar/14/04 said:
only other thing is if you leave it in gear and try to crank. If you have forgetful people (not me....) and they leave it in gear and you remote it will lurch you're car forward which is bad. Just be careful and yer set.
my friend just recently had this experience, he let my other friend drive his mr2 and he left it in gear. in the morning my friend autostarted and when he went out and his car was under his bro's gf corolla! he descirbed it as monster truck style.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts