Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if the rsx automatic shift knob twists off? or can anyone post a manual's instructions for removing it?

im wondering because there is no lock out mechanism (button) on the rsx auto shift knob, so im thinking it might just twist off...

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
According to the service manual, the auto shift lever knob twists off of the threaded shaft. It specifies 6 lb-ft of torque.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol how do you get a torque wrench to fit on that?

so it just twists off? cool now i know what to get my mom for christmas :)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
theres about a 50 year old guy i see in my town that has about the only RSX in the county... lol i wave to him when he goes by my teg

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Same here. I've only seen 2 RSX around this neck of the woods. one is a kid at my school with an RSX base, the other is this cool old dude that lives in our neighborhood that road races his Type-S.

But hey, I got a pointless question here. Since I've only driven an auto about 3 times total in my life (hey, how many people can say that?) I dont have much experience with them. Im just wondering, since theres a button on an auto shift lever, how does the knob just twist of??? Really I have no reason for askin this outside of curiosty...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts