Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if any of you G4 guys on here has heard or seen anything like this, but I was on this site turbo auto rsx and seen a guy put a Cybernation Turbo System on his stock block, stock auto tranny, RSX.

My question is I was thinking of getting an RSX after I sell my hatch to my GF and I wanted to know if this auto tranny can withstand and be reliable for daily driving with this type of FI power.

Any info on this would be great to all you G4 auto owners out there. Thanks.

Oh yeah by the way I have a LEVEL TEN AUTO TRANNY on my 96 teg now that can hold up to 500hp, but I want to know if a stock tranny can hold this type of power. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well okay I know it's real I read the article, but the guy "Brian" has done nothing to the block of his K20 and mentioned nothing about upgrading his stock auto tranny.

If anyone has seen or heard anything of this guy's setup please pm me and let me know. I was thinking of doing another project since my '96 SE is almost done now. And this looks real interesting since I'm a automatic fan of course.

·
Registered
937 Posts
people all over this board has been wondering how the level 10 auto tranny holds up and everything for a long long time. sorry to go off topic with this thread, but any other information on it would be awesome...

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The components that Level Ten use are upgraded from the oem parts that tend to slip after time. Alot of these upgrades are designed to prevent fixes in the short comings. While they massage and address the Torque Converter blades and turbine wheel to modify the stock stall speed at a higher rate to better match your torque curve in your powerband. They also supply you with a hydrosystem upgraded valve system that allows a higher flow of fluid at a much more efficient rate. They also include their Super Pumps to help provide in better cooling situations. They also do reccommend a high flow transmission cooler to help extend the life of the tranny.

I really don't want to get off topic here, because I want to know how that guys block and auto tranny is holding up with that much more torque pressurizing his torque converter.

I also was told by Sam at Level Ten that they were doing a Auto tranny upgrade on a RSX. Is this the same one?
If anybody has any info on this that would be great.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it was when you click on the site at Cybernation's Home Page and scroll down you will see it. It has a huge rear wing then just click on the tumbnails and read the article. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think that guy lives somewhere in northern VA. But to answer your question. Yes, that is true...it was one of cybernations first installs and was pretty decent looking. i dont recall what they do to the tranny for the automatics. But I would highly suggest upgrading the rods and pistons just to be on the safe side. i think from memory, that the internals can withstand close to 300hp on stock internals, but like i said, to be safe, upgrade the internals.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts