Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there is a difference between the U.S auto gsr trans and the JDM auto gsr tran,i need a new trans and dont want to waste my money and put in a Stick kuz iam want an IS 300.if there is will it change much of the characteristics. thank you.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Ho0k3d0nFoniCs on Mar/25/04 said:
gsr didnt come in a auto

edit:to my knowlege
GSR did come in an auto, I have everything lined up to make my ls Auto into a GSR conv. The type R is what didn't come in a auto.

·
Registered
86 Posts
the gsr auto trans is the same thing as an ls auto tranny's, honda didnt make any auto's for the gsr's or type r's.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Nos_integra on Mar/25/04 said:
I was wondering if there is a difference between the U.S auto gsr trans and the JDM auto gsr tran,i need a new trans and dont want to waste my money and put in a Stick kuz iam want an IS 300.if there is will it change much of the characteristics. thank you.
there is no US auto gsr trans.

and as far as i know the JDM gsr auto trans is the same thing as an LS auto trans...

the important piece is the auto GSR ecu.

·
Registered
874 Posts
bub's right. the GSR auto is the same tranny as the LS auto. the part you need, is the GSR auto ECU. and i COULD be wrong. so someone correct me if i am, but the auto GSRs are only OBD1, so youll have to convert.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Nope.

No Auto GS-R's in the US. only in Japan.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
NO AUTO USDM GS-R'S!

They were only made in japan, jesus lol.

Theres absolutely no difference between you're current auto tranny and the one used on JDM auto GSR's.

And why dont you want to "waste time putting in a stick cuz iam an IS300". I didnt know you could be an IS300.

Ok, but for real, the stick is worth it. And for the record, the IS300 is now available with a 6-speed.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
correct me if im wrong, but there was no JDM "GS-R". The JDM's "GS-R" was called "SiR-G". therefor there was no auto GS-R, but an auto SiR-G.

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
if you read the thread you would see that the jdm auto tranny for the gsr is the same as the USDM LS auto tranny. So you can just use your stock ECU.

·
Premium Member
9,598 Posts
I wonder what RPMs it went up to. From what I understood, the LS trans/ECU kept the motor revving at the LS redline which is significantly lower than the VTEC motor goes to. I'm interested to see where this super revived thread goes.

edit: Ohhh, here's some more info: Vtec swap with auto trans?

·
Registered
3 Posts
It might be the same but with the ls ecu it doesn't **** as well as with the gsr ecu but the gsr ecu throws a check engine light on. So I'm not sure which ecu is best

·
Registered
199 Posts
if you are looking at purchasing a specific transmission and want to know what it is from just post the transmission code: y80, s80, ect.

·
Registered
785 Posts
MissDB7 on May/12/10 said:
Actually, I personally knew someone with an auto gsr. stock. until he converted it to 5spd.

No you don't unless he imported it straight from japan or someone swapped a gsr in there because like has been said over and over in this thread THERE IS NO USDM AUTOMATIC GSR. My buddy has an EG with Auto GSR swap from an SIR G, the auto GSR transmission has the same gear ratio as the Manual LS transmission. For his swap he used an auto P28 and with Hondata just disabled the knock sensor. The JDM ecu has an extra plug on it that the US chassis harness does not come with. /thread lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts