Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
im pretty sure you can use parts of the clutch install article for replacing a starter.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Like integra_papa said, those are the only steps. The starter is located on the side of the tranny. As you're standing in front of the car, look in the back left corner (passengers side). You will see a somewhat cylindrical shaped thing bolted to the tranny. Thats the starter.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Ya its very simple. Takes 5-10 mins to take out. Hardest part is weaving the starter out from the hoses.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
TegGsR95 on Feb/17/05 said:
Ya its very simple. Takes 5-10 mins to take out. Hardest part is weaving the starter out from the hoses.
Got that right.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't see the starter anywhere near the tranny...do i have to move something to see it? does anyone happen to have a picture of the engine bay that they can show me where it is? how far down is it? what is it near?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TegGsR95 on Feb/17/05 said:
5-10 minutes? are you crazy? i need your help on this then haha...ive been at it for an hour. i got the wire connected to the starter off, but there is no way in hell i am getting those bolts off. for one, they are on super tight, and there is litterally no room at all for me to use a wrench on the bolts. i already took off my strut bar and loosened my cai to try and make it easier. can anyone else offer some advice?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
You're going to need an exention on a rachet in order to get the lower bolt because you're right, theres no way you can get it with a wrench. If you don't have the proper tools or know-how you should get someone to help you out because this is a fairly straight forward thing to do.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I take the passenger wheel off, intake off and use a nice long ratched extension.

·
Registered
765 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Uhh i replaced the contact parts as described for my starter but not when i turn the key all i here is a rapid click.... did i do something wrong...?

Symptoms before attempted repair: Progressively worse starting as in when i'd try to start the car sometimes it would be great and others i turn the key and get a single click, then 2nd time or third time and sometimes 5 or 6 it would finally turn over and start...... i checked battery and its good so i assumed it was the starter from several articles i've read so far... please help

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
If you go to an elecxtricel auto place they will test the alternator and battry for free.
I was talking to one of these guys about the starter and he mentioned there is something that needs to be done other than just replace the bushings. Did you read the BSQ5 thread?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just used his starter rebuild article to fix my starter and everything worked out great.. The only problem that I ran into is that I had to run to home depot and pick up a new socket wrench w/ extendable handle for more leverage on those bolts.

As far as the problem that you are experiencing are you sure you put all the nuts, washers, insulators, etc back the same way you took them off on the contact points?

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.