Team Integra Forums banner
1221 - 1240 of 1249 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,221 ·
I am at a cross roads in my life currently and I had to make some tough choices recently. With the money being extremely tight and 2 little girls to raise I recently decided that I am enlisting in the military. There are many reasons for me doing this however in the long run I believe it will pay off plus this is also something I have wanted to do for some time now and since i am 24 turning 25 next month if i dont do it now ill never do it. My brother and first cousin are enlisting with me so it will be an experience we can all share. With this being said of course the teg will be going into a deep hibernation until I return. I still have plans but they just on a massive hold right now.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
I am at a cross roads in my life currently and I had to make some tough choices recently. With the money being extremely tight and 2 little girls to raise I recently decided that I am enlisting in the military. There are many reasons for me doing this however in the long run I believe it will pay off plus this is also something I have wanted to do for some time now and since i am 24 turning 25 next month if i dont do it now ill never do it. My brother and first cousin are enlisting with me so it will be an experience we can all share. With this being said of course the teg will be going into a deep hibernation until I return. I still have plans but they just on a massive hold right now.
Honorable choice there sir, and hope the military serves you well. Look forward to seeing updates as your time permits.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,223 · (Edited)
It has been a while since I did anything let alone drive my car but the urge was to great to resist so I had to do something because it has been super long!! Anyway well Idk if some of you remember but I wanted to install defi gauges in my car but at the time they only had gauges available in metric units so I got one as an xmas gift well a few days ago i decided to order the other 2 gauges in metric and discovered that defi released the advance bf gauges in imperial units!! I was overwhelmed with joy so I pulled the trigger and ordered all 3! I am pumped!! I ordered the oil temp, oil pressure, and water temp! Soon I will be getting an aem digital wide band and hopefully a tune in the next 2 months. Yesterday I also had my obx resonated test pipe installed I had to take it to an exhaust shop so they could weld the jdm 2.5 inch flange on it. You may be asking why I chose this style and not a straight through design and its because the straight through pipes are very raspy and sound like trash honestly. The obx test i have looks like a cat but has a baffles inside my exhaust sounds perfect now I love it and it def doesnt feel as restricted as it did before. I took crappy pics of the test pipe on the car but I'll post up more later
teg on the lift.
PS: I have drill this weekend coming up so the gauges wont be going in until sometime next week plus I am still waiting on a water temp sensor adapter/neck to come in so I can run my water temp sensor. I will post pics up of the install and when they're running and maybe a video

crappy pics of the test pipe

the new gauge set up plus the controller I cant wait to run these!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Hey man, that is a awesome decision! And I just spent the last hour checking this thread out! This thing is stupid clean and you are obviously a owner who cares about it! Good luck in the service!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,225 · (Edited)
Team Integra whats good!!! I have some parts in the mail but Im waiting to update since its been a while I want to do it in one shot. In other news my self a few guys from the krew decided we wanted to go to Vraceworks yesterday just to drop by and check it out so we took the 2+ hour road trip to manhattan and I snapped some quick pics of the shop. I ended up buying a thermal intake manifold gasket its not the hondata version but its mad from the same exact **** and it was $20 cheaper so i said why not. Ill post the pic of the gasket later on.

waiting for the dude to ring me up for the gasket

left to right me steve and herm

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,229 ·
This has to be one of the cleanest/most cared for OEM mindframe driven tegs on this site!
lol thanks for the compliment bro and yeah the car gets a lot of love but I gradually move into to bigger better ideas. I really like the simple and clean oem look of the car nothing too crazy and I really like to keep the entire car intact no gutting or anything. I just want something that I can enjoy daily driving and getting on but still looks good. Its a mild build/restomod if you wanna call it that

·
Registered
664 Posts
lol thanks for the compliment bro and yeah the car gets a lot of love but I gradually move into to bigger better ideas. I really like the simple and clean oem look of the car nothing too crazy and I really like to keep the entire car intact no gutting or anything. I just want something that I can enjoy daily driving and getting on but still looks good. Its a mild build/restomod if you wanna call it that
Haaaaaaaa, bro you bought blades direct from honda and bought one of the most clean JDM engines I have ever seen. I wouldn't call that mild hahahaha.

There is nothing mild about this crazy awesome build thread lol.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,231 ·
what up TI I have been super busy with work and my kids and playing baseball so my teg has been on the back burner all summer. It has been sitting since june i havent even driven it and it will be parked until feb since I am leaving for basic training on september 10th. This summer I also fell in love with motorcycles and I have to admit it is def an amazing feeling riding a motorcycle. I dont currently own one but I am def in the market for one

·
Premium Member
963 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey man I've been following this build for a while and it's amazing! I am also in the army so good luck with training. Just stay quiet and you'll be fine. I can't wait to see what else your doing with the teg when your out of training. Where are you going to basic at?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,235 ·
What type of motorcycles you looking at? Ive always wanted to get an R6...someday.
I really like the kawasaki ninja 636's I was going to blow all my money when i got back from back on a brand new 636 but I realized that paying my debt would be the smart thing to do lol. I wanted a cbr at one point but after riding both bikes i prefer the ninja theyre both great bikes a few of my friends have R6s and theyre dope!

Make sure you run the gas tank low on the teg so when you get back you can top it off with some fresh stuff. Putting it on jackstands while your gone wouldnt be a bad idea also.
I def will good thing is that I get go to come home during xmas for 2 weeks so I can take the teg out and clean her up real nice change the oil maybe bleed the brakes drive it and put her back in until i am come back in mid feb!

Life happens dude! Good luck at basic! Stay resilient! And I've got a Ducati Nicky Hayden 848 for sale if your interested. :D Only 443 miles!
thanks man sorry for posting so late i have been super busty I am leaving next thursday on the 10th so im trying to get everything squared away

Hey man I've been following this build for a while and it's amazing! I am also in the army so good luck with training. Just stay quiet and you'll be fine. I can't wait to see what else your doing with the teg when your out of training. Where are you going to basic at?
Thanks for keeping up things have slowed down drastically but I am just enjoying life my children and the car is just on hold for a bit but I still have some plans for the car its just going to take a bit I wish i couldve got the gauges in before i left but at least i will have something to work on when i get back im def buying a radio this riding with no radio **** is for the birds lol. I have been to a police academy so I know no matter what drill says your wrong but I will def give %150! Oh and im going to Fort Leonard wood Missouri for basic and MP school I should be back mid feb

·
Registered
22 Posts
Amazing build bro!

Quick question...I'm doing s similar exterior overhaul to my RS. I'm looking at the diagram on the door seals, and was wondering besides the Runchannel what other seals did you need for the doors? Part numbers, or pics would help. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,238 ·
Amazing build bro!

Quick question...I'm doing s similar exterior overhaul to my RS. I'm looking at the diagram on the door seals, and was wondering besides the Runchannel what other seals did you need for the doors? Part numbers, or pics would help. Thanks in advance.
some of you will be disappointed to hear this but i havent touched my teg since september! I have to find the motivation to continue with this build!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Just like life ebbs and flows, so do passions and hobbies. You have other things in life going on. Give it time and I'm sure you will attack this bad boy with vigor once again. Not many out there have the same passion you showed towards your Teg. I'll be waiting for the next update post for sure.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,240 ·
Today I finally sold my teg! It was an unfortunate event but after being involved and cause of a major accident it just opened my eyes to what matters most my kids safety. the teg was my only car after the crash and i couldnt justify operating a vehicle like my teg anymore plus it was really small and i have 2 kids so i sold her today. It was hard to do but my fam is first. I learned a lot from working on that car I made amazing friends and met great people through TI and locally. I appreciate the large amount of info provided by the old and new site. I will still be posting here and there. I have some parts id like to sell really cheap just to make room pm me
oem bnib checkered mats $200
oem used 01 charcoal floor mats $120
NRG hub steering wheel lock $50
Faux CF look oem Dual din radio block $130

1221 - 1240 of 1249 Posts