Team Integra Forums banner
1201 - 1220 of 1249 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,203 ·
I saw that mat on ht also..I was tempted to buy it lol. Everything looks good though man. I'll be updating my build soon, I have been inspired by your teg and trying to follow in your footsteps lol.
Thanks man im glad your inspired by the build this thing has come such a long way ive learned so much and had a lot of fun on the way. Your car is coming a long nice keep it up

Didnt even know they made a cf block off plate. Looks good
yeah its one of those misc things that i wanted but never really thought i would need it

that looks so nice, congrats on both of the pickups, you have great friends man. love seeing your updates bro keep them up
thanks man we have a tight crew we're like brothers it goes beyond the cars. we look each other out when it comes to parts though lol

Wow I didn't know a block off plate in Faux cf existed. Looks good man! I'm going to wrap my interior pieces instead. Much cheaper :D
apparently most people dont lol the vinyl wrap does the job and is nice but i went the oem route thanks though!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,204 ·
So my final purchase for the year for the teg is a set of bnib oem checkered floor mats!!!!!! I am beyoond excited!!! I have wanted a new mint set since i first bought the car!! My car came with a descent set but i wanted a new set well just because and i finally got it plus it matches with the new trunk mat!!! My homie steve found it for me on HT and the rest is history such a good find i cant believe theyre still in the box theyre so mint i dont even wanna use em!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,209 ·
Nice !
I have the same set in my car now from my last integra
Unfortunately they look like a zombie threw up on them even after a good cleaning lol
I power washed my old checkered set and misted them with some dye and they look good.
So your the lucky dog that snagged em up before I got paid...........
Ughhhh sorry I guessss

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,210 ·
So for those that have followed my build for a while you guys know that i have had ctr cams timing belt water pump lmas valve cover gasket cap rotor cam seals and other misc parts sitting collecting dust for some time now. Well the day finally has come and we installed it all. It all went super smooth start to finish steve herm and my self removed the itr cams old tb wp tb tensioner lmas and all that jazz. We installed the new steve with ease it was a lot of fun especially since i havent done any work to my engine internally. I did discover however that I have a minor oil leak coming from the oil pan fml i have never successfully done one with out it leaking but the time has finally come so i gotta do it. Also my vtec solenoid has minor leak it was removed so that we could take out the rocker arm tube to access the lost motions. I believe the gasket is just super hard from being cooked for 12 years so i will get a new one and replace it. The worst part about this is that the snow storm on the east coast pounded the area so i couldnt test it out or drive the car!!! I Turned it on for a good 15 mins and shut it off SMH!! I hate snow!!! Here are the pics

cam rails removed and ITR cams exposed

side shot water pump opening exposed and the oil plugs removed to allow access to the rocker arm tube FYI we removed it from the dizzy side since i couldnt jack the motor up high enough for the tubes to clear the shock tower/fender thank you hasport mounts

you can see some of the green paint on the springs and old lma's

open spring style lmas vs old hydro set up

the new lmas installed on the exhaust side vs the old on the intake sorry not the best pics

CTR cams with assembly lube on em

check out the markings on the ctr intake cam for anyone in disbelief

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
agh. i want to put the itr/ctr cams and lmas in my gsr. cant wait to get a good job so i can buy parts again.

looking good as usual man. :D

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,213 ·
agh. i want to put the itr/ctr cams and lmas in my gsr. cant wait to get a good job so i can buy parts again.

looking good as usual man. :D
It isnt a crazy bump in power but its a step in the right direction prob looking at 8-10 hp once i get my hondata tuned but eventually I wanna run skunk2 pro 1 cams with the pro series valve train and cam gears. It is a nice bump up from the gsr cams though just do dual valve springs on the exhaust side if you can. The LMA's def are working the engine is less noisy and we havent adjusted the clearances. I am pumped to drive the car

Very nice! I have been pondering putting the new style LMA's in my motor this year.
Thanks man and the new lma's are great man I def recommend theyre pricey but worth it I read a few articles that said the S2 open spring style LMA's are suppose to be %3 stiffer and they have it advertised on their site also and they cost the same as the ones i have so it might be better to get them but you can never go wrong with oem

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,216 ·
What exactly does replacing the lma's do?
The middle rocker arm that the vtec cam lobe rests on sits on top of the lost motion over time for whatever reason the LMA's start to wear loose tension inside and eventually they wear out and cause unwanted engine noise and or chattering during idle the open spring design is Hondas replacement part to superceed the old style. Honda used these bad boys in the H series and uses em in the K's also. Skunk2 makes a set of these also they advertise theirs to be %3 stiffer then the ITR old style LMA's.

Have u upgraded your valve springs to ITR dual valve springs? It's hard to tell in the pix... If not you better look into it! Justyn will tell you why...
I have an ITR motor already which has the dual valve springs on both sides pop so I'm good but thanks for the heads up anyway lol

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Ok good glad you did not overlook valve springs matched to your cams needs. Now that I look at those pictures I see the blue markings on the valve springs on the exhaust side.

IIRC correctly when I had an ITR valve spring setup the intake side was yellow marked and the exhaust side (which is same as GSR intake side) were marked in blue. Hopefully I am remembering that correctly as it has been several years since I ran a setup like that.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,218 ·
Ok good glad you did not overlook valve springs matched to your cams needs. Now that I look at those pictures I see the blue markings on the valve springs on the exhaust side.

IIRC correctly when I had an ITR valve spring setup the intake side was yellow marked and the exhaust side (which is same as GSR intake side) were marked in blue. Hopefully I am remembering that correctly as it has been several years since I ran a setup like that.
Yeah man i wouldnt want to risk dropping a valve or something lol.... I by summers end I want to run S2 pro series valve springs and titanium retainers with the skunk2 pro 1 cams and i guess cam gears so they can be degree'd but that is going to cost some money but we will see eventually. If anyone has any feedback on what i just mentioned feel free to comment

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,219 ·
Ok so its been a little over a month since i last updated this thread and as of now the car has been sitting and collecting dust since the weather has been atrocious. Since the car has been sitting i decided to try to hook up my s300 on the car and it would not star regardless of what basemap we installed on it. It would crank and crank and crank and that was it. So I got hermy to take out his s300 ecu and we installed it in my car and it turned on and that car was running smooth ass ****! So i called up evanstuning and he told me ship the ecu back to him and they would test it and ultimately replace it for me free of charge. Well 2 weeks went by and since PA got pounded with snow it took a while to get things done but turns out the actual p28 was bad and it keeping registering a bad input/output signal so they are allegedly sending me a new one. I am happy with the service so hopefully when it comes in things will work fine. heres 2 pics of the faulty one not working POS smh lol

1201 - 1220 of 1249 Posts