Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I have begun on my tan to black conversion, starting with the center console. At some point however, those horrible Armor All wipes were used on the car, leaving an oily residue that the paint I am using cannot penetrate, so it rises and seperates. Does anyone know a good chemical to fight off that disgusting oily crap? I'm getting close to using clearasil on it or somthing

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Maybe dish soap??? Of course that would be messy.

·
Registered
685 Posts
If windex doesn't work, try any common all purpose cleaner. I use Meguiars APC+ as a cleaner and really like it. However, you can just use Simple Green to remove the Armor all.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
timmy8151 on Feb/21/04 said:
If windex doesn't work, try any common all purpose cleaner. I use Meguiars APC+ as a cleaner and really like it. However, you can just use Simple Green to remove the Armor all.
Simple green is the stuff... We use it to clean engines, wheels, and very rarely, to clean wasted cars...

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you like having a dash that feels like the face of a pimple faced overhormonally challenged teenager, then there is nothing wrong with them. They leave a disgusting oily feel.

Windex - no go
Lysol grease cutter - better

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
MorningZ on Feb/23/04 said:
3 parts green to 1 part water should be diluted enough
Perfect. Simple green is great stuff. Safe to use and not much is needed. Full strength is usually for rims and engines.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
A diluted mixture of Spray nine worked for my interior.

I dunno how harsh it was, but it sure removed the oily coat in a hurry (3 parts spray nine and 1 part water).

·
Registered
76 Posts
prowler220x on Feb/21/04 said:
I use these on my stock black interior...what's so bad about them?
they arent very good at vinyl protection. if all you care about is the shine then they are good. but if you want a good look along with protection then use something like meguiars #39

1 - 17 of 17 Posts