Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, all the snow is melting here and causing a lot of puddles on the streets. I was driving yesterday and there were so many puddles so I had to drive like 5 km/h over them when I saw then until my car just died out. I have cold air intake and maybe water got in there? But anyone else know what the prob may be? I try and start it, it cranks and everything but just doesnt start. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Take off your filter and see if there is water in there or in the throttle body.

Your distributor cap may be wet and not give you the proper spark.

·
Registered
935 Posts
1st: How big were the puddles and when you went through them did it go into the area in which your CAI filter was positioned?
2nd: Do you have a bypass valve?
3rd: I really doubt you hydrolocked your engine. Maybe let it sit in a dry place for several hours and try restarting it. It's common for cars driven in lots of watery conditions to have electrical problems.
PS - if his filter had/may not have water in it it will make no difference as to tell him he sucked up any water. The filter housing may have a few droplets of water inside it but this does not mean that he necc. "sucked" water up in his CAI tubing. The filter would have to be submerged in water for a split second for that to happen.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
take off the distributor cap, look for water. if there is some, use a hairdryer to get the water out.

Check the spark plugs for signs of water. if there is water on them, buy new ones. there may also be water still in the cylinder, so pop the plug and let dry.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
f**k man i got bad luck....i went to my car with my bro to take out the spark plugs and saw that they were all wet and thats why it didnt start so i was plannin to leavin it open so it'll dry within the next few hours....then these f**king teenagers in a big van go full blast through a puddle on purpose and it sprayed all over me n him and my f**king engine while my spark plugs were out.... my car is parked like a few metres behind a stop sign so my bro f**king starts yellin at em and starts runnin after em and these teenagers ran the stop sign at full speed and just barely missed a truck...f**k i woulda laughed if he smoked that truck he deserves it!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.