Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
The ES kit's # is 16.1106, and then R or B for red or black, for all three inserts (2 lower fronts and rear.) I just installed the ES kit - worlds easier to get to the rear with the tranny out, loosen driver's side mounts, and use a jack to lift the motor a bit and slide out the rear mount. (Did it during a clutch install last week.)

I had to stop the turn signals from rattling, and a couple other little annoyances, but once the extra noise is gone, it doesn't feel that much worse at idle - but yes, noticeable. With the extra noise, it made me wonder if people would think something was wrong.

·
Registered
299 Posts
get them from EnergySuspensionparts.com i ordered mine from there and had it the next day. Have fun with the drivers side motor mount. You need to cut it out, then get the metal sleeve out so its only the piece of aluminum.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Link 2 is wrong. If you look at the picture you posted, it says those two are Energy Suspension only. Prothane does not make those two lower mounts.

If you go to link2, it says its Prothane 2piece mount. meaning its the same as the 3piece minus one mount (the rear one).

BTW, those prices are ridiculous for the mounts. I remember I got the ES kit for less than $40 shipped and the Prothane for less than $30 shipped.

·
Registered
602 Posts
The lower torque, and rear mount inserts from ES are not meant to replace the stock mounts. They only fill the holes in the OEM one. If the mounts are old and cracked, the inserts will not stay in place. You have to replace them first.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh wow. this got alot more complicated then i thought it would be.

FlatRate - It says this is the "set 1 of 2" (made by ES) and that the "link #2" is the set 2 of 2 apparently made by Prothane. Why would it be part of the same set then? (just curious, not getting smart)

BeanMosheen - Are you talking about the mount above the tranny and behind the engine? If yes, so its only a plug in? Is that why they provide you with zip ties?

Althoge- Is that the drive side upper mount (next to the timing belt and such)? What do i cut out exactly?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yep. The tranny mount may stay in place, but I know for fact the lower mounts will not. The engine weight will squeeze them out, tywraps or not. Considering the outer inserts will fall on the road, you may want to check your oem ones.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Your original post has links to both Prothane kits, not an ES kit. That is why I made the correction. Maybe you linked it wrong or something, but just saying so. The new lin kyou provided is the right ES kit.

All inserts are just that, inserts. Regardless of the Prothane kit or the ES kit, they are both just inserts. The only replacement mount would be the driver side mount by prothane which is a whole replacement.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
The original link 1 mounts goes to what the picture suggests. The picture is correct in listed which kit goes where. You just need to find them at the best price possible.

only one I had problem with was the Left Front mount (A/C mount). But I redid the zip ties with a more secure method, Don't remember if it was both nuts and bolts but its a lot more secure after realizing it was slipping out.

Whether or not its worth it is up to you.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I used some long small bolts the size of the holes for the zip ties. Some matched washers, and locking nuts finished it off. one of the belts came close to the bolt, so it was trimmed flush with the nut. If the mounts are good, the inserts should stay put.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
that sounds like a great way of keep the inserts in place.

So pretty much, all 3 inserts from the ES kit will need that bolt trick while the prothane Upper tranny mount and driver upper mount will not need the trick?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Using terms like lower is really confusing because there seems to be 3 lowers. Can you please just use the words that are put in the picture that i have provided?

They are:

Right Front
Left Front
Transmission
Rear
Side

So which 2 ::using the above words:: (so i can match them to the pic) will need to be secured. Thanks for all you guys' help.

·
Registered
323 Posts
there are two on the top which are the prothane's. there are the 2 lower ones, which are the torque mounts. one on the tranny and on on the ac bracket. and then there is the rear on which is the bastard child. good luck installing that.
Right front and left front on that pic need to be secured.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So i just got done inspecting 4 of the mounts ( couldnt get to the rear, didnt want to jack up the car).

Looks like everything is decent except for the A/C bracket mount which would be the left front mount. The mount is made up of 3 legs looking kind of like a triangle. The most important leg, closest to the front of the bumper is torn....im bummed. What do i do?

Should i say screw it and invest my money into some real complete mounts (like hasport or something)? or should i get a new oem left front mount and get the insert kit?

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
If you are gonna do it, just get the actual mounts like Hasport. **** the oem ones.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.