Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an accident in my 1997 type r. I was wondering if I have to get actual relacement type r panels or will the body panels of other integras fit in their place(gsr,ls......)
The body panels i was wondering about are the 2 front wings, the 2 entire rear quarter panels, the roof, the 2 a-pillars, and the sideskirts.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
joeekrub on Oct/07/07 said:
Had an accident in my 1997 type r. I was wondering if I have to get actual relacement type r panels or will the body panels of other integras fit in their place(gsr,ls......)
The body panels i was wondering about are the 2 front wings, the 2 entire rear quarter panels, the roof, the 2 a-pillars, and the sideskirts.
All that stuff needs to be replaced and the car isn't totaled?

I'm too lazy to do the legwork for you right now, as some of those will be interchangable, and some will be ITR specific (trim vs body panels, for instance). But you can check part numbers on www.acuraautomotiveparts.org

-Nick

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
IIRC, the front wing is the same as it is OEM Optional. quarters should be same. roof in an R has *no* sunroof, roof in other models except for RS does. (that is to say that the RS doesn't. ITR's have different OEM sideskirts than their non-R counterparts, and i am not referring to the OEM Optional sides here.

--edited for lack of sleep lol--

·
Registered
515 Posts
B18Ch1ck on Oct/08/07 said:
IIRC, the front wing is the same as it is OEM Optional. quarters should be same. roof in an R has a sunroof, roof in other models except for RS does not. ITR's have different OEM sideskirts than their non-R counterparts, and i am not referring to the OEM Optional sides here
1997 Type R doesn't have a sunroof. Everything but the RS has a sunroof.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
LOL, holy smack, how tired was i that i said has "a" sunroof instead of has "no" sunroof... give me credit, i named that the RS as well shares its lack of sunroof... wow, screw college.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
supersilverteg on Oct/08/07 said:
How is the car not totalled? Your replacing the roof and both rear quarters and a-pillars. Good luck to you
race car with a roll cage.....
anyways I checked the part numbers and the front fenders are "universal"
but I am still confused about the roof and the quarter panels. could someone help

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
As far as I know, all interior panels from 94-01 are interchangeable. As mentioned, you would have to get RS interior roof stuff because the R and RS don't have a sunroof.
Good luck on your search.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
joeekrub on Nov/27/07 said:
are the rear suspension parts the same?? lower control arm etc...
No, the ITR has different LCAs, and as a result different shocks too.

You should go to acuraoemparts.com and look up the parts. They have diagrams and part numbers for pretty much everything, and usually show when there is model variations as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.