Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, are coilovers all i need to lower my g2? I was planning on going with our sponsor Next Level Motoring and buyin' the Tenzo R Coilover kit for $125. So is that all i need? and if it isn't explain why i need w\e it is.

btw, i searched for this and have been reading tons of post for the last hour or so and can't find anything about it..

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Towyne, page 2 doesn't have anything to do with what i asked..but thanks everyone else, i guess i'll be savin even more for shocks.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Seriously, grammar is a pet peeve. lol

Are coilovers all I need? ... now i'll help.

Like the others have said, you can do it for that much but you will not be satisfied in the least with that set up. Descent coilovers can be had for about 650, tein basics for one.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jesussaves4024 on Sep/25/07 said:
Seriously, grammar is a pet peeve. lol

Are coilovers all I need? ... now i'll help.

Like the others have said, you can do it for that much but you will not be satisfied in the least with that set up. Descent coilovers can be had for about 650, tein basics for one.
Alright, I am just on a small budget i'm not rich, neither is my family so I don't really have much money and I know most are probably gonna say "Then keep it stock loser!" or whatever. But poor people like nice cars too ya know? haha
So I won't be able to afford tein's. i understand they are much better but i guess i'll just get some cheap shocks and those coilovers. Question is answered. Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
i'm going to hafta quote ami's sig

"it's cheaper to do it right once instead of wrong twice."

totally the truth right there

you will spend far more time and get frustrated if you buy ****ty parts.... save up for **** you know will be good and has some research and development behind it

you pay for more than the name... suspension is one of those things you do NOT want to cheap out on at all imo

·
Registered
299 Posts
Technically getting a nice set of shocks + lowering spring will lower your car.. get a set of skunk2 sport shock + skunk2 lowering spring....

But you'll need Camber kit to prevent camber wear and need new set of LCAs in case your lca bolts are seized..

And an alignment done after the installation as well.......

At least $700 for all the stuff...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Is anyone here using the Skunk2 Sport Shocks because they are really cheap <$250

I am poor too so I have been putting a little money into my paypal account every time i get paid. I'm hoping that by xmas I will have enough saved to do it right. Like they said above Springs, Shocks, LCA, new LCA Bolt, Front Camber Kit and Rear if I have the money otherwise I will do the washer trick.

·
Registered
8,285 Posts
haven98 on Sep/26/07 said:
Is anyone here using the Skunk2 Sport Shocks because they are really cheap <$250

I am poor too so I have been putting a little money into my paypal account every time i get paid. I'm hoping that by xmas I will have enough saved to do it right. Like they said above Springs, Shocks, LCA, new LCA Bolt, Front Camber Kit and Rear if I have the money otherwise I will do the washer trick.
The H&R Springs are great! They aren't too expensive either; they're all around $150 from one of our sponsors, Next Level Motoring. Excellent customer service.

You will need aftermarket shocks to match them though. I didn't need to buy a new LCA or LCA bolt because they weren't seized on my car, so if you're short on cash, take your wheel off and check to see if your LCA bolt is seized before you go buying things you might not need.

You don't necessarily have to use a camber kit, it's just that the camber will eat your tires up slowly. Oh, and the washer trick on the rear works like *magic*. Don't forget to get an alignment once its all done too.

Koni Yellows > Tokico Illuminas > KYB AGX

AGX's are cheapest, but won't give you as good of a ride or handling as the Koni Yellows will...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Heres some advice, I wanted to lower my car, I was in a hurry and I bought Aerospeed Coil over sleeves, put them on a pair of new stock struts

it was bouncy as hell but it cornered like a champ....that is

until I hit a few potholes and bumps.....

$1700 later,
I needed a whole new axle, new tie rods....etc...

I would just wait till you can get a decent spring/strut or real coilover combination and camber kits because you may not pay right now...but God knows you'll pay later

view http://www.team-integra.net/forum/d...forum=0&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search

·
Registered
299 Posts
My Suspension is a set of Skunk2 Suspension...
because I got combo discount on that....

Skunk2 Sport Shock + Skunk2 Lowering Spring (F-2.00, R-1.75) Combo = $380 CAD
Skunk2 LCAs = $175 CAD
Skunk2 F+R Camber Kit Combo = $300 CAD
Installation $250 CAD
Alignment = $70 CAD

Total = $1175 CAD

After 13% (GST + PST) = 1327.75 CAD

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.