Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took the cd player out of my wrecked civic and then i bought a teg(smartest thing ever)and it come with a factory tapedeck...so are the wiring stuff the same as the honda civic? my honda was a 94 and my teg is a 94 if that helps any.

any help is welcome

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks.

*sniff* when i took it out using the article on this website, it made my life easier, expect those 2 lil damn 8mm screws!
BUT since im not an expert in the art of wiring the harness backup i tried my best, i had it playing and everything besides the radio antenna wasnt hooked up yet.
i put a burnt cd in the player and it spit it back out..my cd player always played burnt cd's, i then tried another burnt cd it spit it back out....THEN i put in a regular cd and it played the song for about 2minutes i then pushed the cdplayer back into the hole and it quit playing, i took the cd player out and hooked the factory backup and it just asked for a CODE well atleast the factory works....THEN the clock on the dash went out, now the factory doesnt work or my cdplayer...

heres where i think i stand...
1) my cdplayer is fried
2) blown a fuse

please help!!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i really hope that that one fuse is the reason for my cdplayer not working, i mean it worked for a lil while then it quit working when i pushed it in...thats kinda weird. someone said something about my remote wire touching metal it could have fried the cd player, but would it have blown the cdplayer fuse that is in back of the cd player..?

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
if your stock clock doesn't work, that is the fuse that is blown..... and as said, that wire is also 1/3 of the wiring that allows the stock radio to turn on (the other two being switched power and ground)

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
i'm telling you, that fuse IS blown.. so thats a start..... in the world of diagnosing problems, its easier to start with:
- What's known to be an issue
- What's easy to fix

otherwise people can guess all day long, wasting everyone's time

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MorningZ we have a problem.
i went to autozone and dought 7.5 fuses, ok you were right the fuse was blown and i replaced the fuse and the clock turned on and everything YAY! now that i have a clock i still have no cdplayer. i turned my car off plugged up the harness and everything and i did hear the antenna motor engage but it didnt run, SO cdplayer=isnt working, i took it out and put factory back in...well factory blinks but=not working dont even say CODE so buuuuuddy whats next?

well my cdplayer is now functional...
ammount of money to fix...$2.19
ammount of trouble...alot
the problem...2 blown fuses 15A(radio and cig) and 7.5A(backup fuse)
AHH

thanks alot morningZ you really helped alot and so did those articles i read on this site..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts