Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was reading some consumer reviews on apexi ws catbacks on carreview.com and a lot of them complain about the piping being too low. i guess it hangs about an inch lower than stock right after the cat and it's prone to scraping. does anyone with a teg have this problem as well?

·
Registered
627 Posts
I don't have exhaust on my Teg yet
but if the apexi WS does hang lower than normal exhaust, it's going to depend on how low your car is. My car is lowered 1.75 in the front, 1.5 in the rear, and I have a lot of play room left. However, if you have coilovers, with a three inch drop and are almost touching the ground, then of course you are going to incur scraping. This could happen with a lot of exhausts, not just the Apexi. I have a friend with a Cavalier
whose rubbed quite often because the car was so low!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IntegraGirl57 on Aug/05/02 said:
I don't have exhaust on my Teg yet
but if the apexi WS does hang lower than normal exhaust, it's going to depend on how low your car is. My car is lowered 1.75 in the front, 1.5 in the rear, and I have a lot of play room left. However, if you have coilovers, with a three inch drop and are almost touching the ground, then of course you are going to incur scraping. This could happen with a lot of exhausts, not just the Apexi. I have a friend with a Cavalier
whose rubbed quite often because the car was so low!
spoken like a true genius... you have a true gift pointing out the obvious. just picking.

the only reason why i was concerned about this was because the complaints came from people having a modest drop on their cars. my car's dropped only 1.3" front and back and i get minor scrapage in nyc with stock exhaust. i really don't want something that's going to be lower than stock and that is the only thing i wanted to confirm here.

·
Registered
29 Posts
No problems with my WS and Eibach Sportlines. only time I've ever scraped was while going down a relatively steep driveway.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It is not that it is lower. The diameter of the pipe is larger. I do not have a scraping problem. I had a heatshield vibration problem. I actually had to pull the exhaust down with a strap to keep it away from the heat shield.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
stettbrone on Aug/05/02 said:
It is not that it is lower. The diameter of the pipe is larger. I do not have a scraping problem. I had a heatshield vibration problem. I actually had to pull the exhaust down with a strap to keep it away from the heat shield.
which heat shield? can't you just remove it?

·
Registered
273 Posts
i have the ws and my car is lowered 3 inches. it does scrape, but then again my car is lowered 3 inches. it kinda comes with being that low. it only scraps on speed bumps, but never enough to cause a problem. hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
it does hang lower. at the muffler shop.. i had them redo the metal hangers on the exhuast so it would make the exhuast hang higher.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts