Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone familiar with Apexi's Vtec Air/Fuel computer give me some tuning tips? I have a B18C1 with intake/header/exhaust and I was wondering if someone knows what kind of figures to punch into the thing. I guess I'd be better off having it 'professionally' tuned, but I get such a kick out of doing everything myself.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
The more i look at these post the more i'm reminded of myself and how i wanted the *ahem* cheap way out. There is no cheap or get an idea way of tuning the VAFC. You have to use a wideband O2 sensor to tune this properly. Everyones settings are different. If your going to do this blindly regaurdless, getting an air/fuel gauge is a good idea. This would help you from at least not running it too lean which might cause internal damage. I done mine blindly until i get to the dyno with the turbo. I don't think it did much help but i can give you my setting if you really want them (PM me for it).

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ok this is kinda off topic but I'm installing a VAFC and am gonna have it dyno'd and tuned and all that but i'm wondering if a air/fuel gauge would be advantageous, i hear all it does is bounce around and obviously its not wideband so it gives vague readings, really my question is is there a need for any gauges when using a VAFC? i.e. oil pressure, air/fuel or exaust temp.

·
Registered
14 Posts
anyone out tere with a v-afc tuned and installed in a Type R ? if so, pm me and let me borrow your adjustment settings. or let me know of a reputable shop around georgia that has the knowledge to tune the apex. itr133

1 - 4 of 4 Posts