Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what u guys think about the PS revolution exhaust system from Apexi?? on the tip of the muffler it has a valve in it. i think that's a pretty fresh design. what ya guys think??

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'll find some pic. of it.. cause i got the info. from a book. so i just need some pic. give me a little bit time.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pic. up. but i cant find the spec. of it yet. little bit more time again. let's see some pic. first.

The next generation of high performance exhaust systems for modified street cars has arrived! A'PEX is proud to introduce the new, PS Revolution exhaust system. Designed for hard tuned, street driven vehicles. the PS Revolution's active valve muffler system provides the hardcore enthusiast with the best of both worlds. The patented valve system is engaged and disengaged based upon exhaust gas pressure. This revolutionary new muffler design allows high powered street cars to maintain a tolerable, and legal exhaust note at idle and light throttle accleration while completely disengaging during high throttle, high load situations. Never before has a cylinder type exhaust system seamlessly fused the streetability of a astock exhaust system and the performance advantages of a low restriction racing exhaust.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
very interesting...but I can't believe that it wouldn't restrict air flow even with the valve open...

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
looks restrictive to me. even when the valve is fully open the euast doesnt flow straight.now imagine 10 psi pushing on that,I dont like that design unless the valve itself is like 5 inch in diamter

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
too bad. i think this exhaust is too new. i didnt find any specific info. about it though the internet.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
im not an exuast expert by any means its just that i dont want my exuast making a curve at the end just looks like it wil cause back pressure,maybe a more knowledgeable exuast expert tech will add comments.

it does look nice

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Jay,
Can you find any pictures looking directly into the muffler? I want to see how the valve is attached to the inner wall of the muffler.

I did a few google searches and found nothing in English which means it hasn't been introduced in the states yet or it won't be street legal here so it won't be released here (I don't know why it wouldn't be legal...but who knows?)

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
white_rice on Mar/06/04 said:
Quote: JSkyline on Mar/06/04
it is A'PEXi!!!!

Just because the item is made by a certian brand name doesn't mean it is "good".

Quote: dexmix on Mar/06/04
it would be nice to see an actual review of it.
thank you Darrell and Dexter!! good to hear input from some people here who aren't mesmerized by brandnames and automatically assume that a certain brandname means guaranteed quality.

I'd rather have a straight-through resonator dampening the dB level instead of a backpressure inducing valve that impedes flow speed out of the exit tip. Notice they emphasized the adjective "Street" for reason. You don't hit the upper rpms at full throttle on the street. You do on the strip or the track.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts