Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about buying an Apexi N1 exhuast for my integra and i wanted to get some pictures of this exhuast on the same car... my car is black so that would be nice but dosen't matter... thanks also if anyone has sound clips of their exhuast that would be cool..

thanks

·
Registered
934 Posts
on a black car definitely, I wish I had pics of mine. I have the N1 and it looks really good ( as long as you keep it clean ) plus it makes a very good tone. I suggest researching the performance aspects of the exhaust before you buy it though. It is kind of pricey for exhaust. Good luck, I hope you buy it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i did buy it already... i bought it from modacar.com for $475 which is the cheapest that i could find on the web.... should be here this friday hopefully if not monday... i just wanted to get some pics and sounds clips of it.. i know alot of people say thats its really loud... but it comes with a silencer so it should not be that bad i hope.. thanks

·
Registered
934 Posts
I took that silencer and use it as a paper weight on my desk. Trust me, when that exhaust breaks in, you are gonna love spending that $475.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so it sounds good then? did you notice any gains with it? i've heard it once before and it sounded like a rattle can.. is that because they removed the cat?

·
Registered
934 Posts
It made a little difference mid-high end power, not much, but combined with the right exhaust components it can be killer. Im about to remove my cat, replace with a straight pipe, and drop Apex'i headers in. That will make a difference. As for the rattling tin can bumblee sound, it will not happen with this exhaust, and I doubt it is because of the cat.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats hot... come on people hook me up with some pics and sounds clips.. thanks

·
Registered
712 Posts
well, i have an N1 exhaust but from other 240 owners which they love the N1 and HKS Hiper. but from wat i hear from them the N1 is loud and the dual N1s are louder. but i dunno about for integras.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Integ_TypeT on Sep/24/02 said:
Im about to remove my cat, replace with a straight pipe..That will make a difference.As for the rattling tin can bumblee sound, it will not happen with this exhaust, and I doubt it is because of the cat.
ok heres the deali know this is an old post but i didnt wanna make a new topic so after searching this post is the closest to the question i need answered...i just ordered my apexi n1 universal 60mm n/a muffler..My current setup is a test pipe and flowmaster 60series axel back kit..when i removed my cat it made that horrible tin can/rattle/bee in a can sound all the time.and i think that is because the flowmaster mufflers are a baffled design and not stright through..and ive read the exhaust design effect on design and i can still not find my answer..u can hear my car soo far away now but its the worst sounding exhaust ive ever heard..so heres what im getting done with the n1 muffler..

- Custom 2.25" Piping with no resognator
- Test Pipe (current)
- Apexi N1 muffler

My friend andy has a n1 and 2.25" piping with no resognator but a stock cat and his exhaust sounds nice loud and deep..but i have a test pipe and im gettin the piping done without a resognator..will that my n1 sound like bee can or will it not> also if it would..would i wanna go with a big resognator and that will make my exhaust deep? im just not sure about the test pipe/no resognator setup..should i get a high flow cat with no resognator? no cat with no resognator?? im just not really sure on which setup would be the best for a nice deep sounding exhaust..im not really worried about sound levels that much since i never go on long drives ne ways.. thank you for anyhelp

·
Registered
228 Posts
i think it sounds like crap in my opinion.. i would have gotten a mugen axel back w/ custom B pipe!

·
Registered
120 Posts
The N-1 sounds awesome...nice, deep, and loud. It's a perfect loudness though, cause its only loud when you're really on it...when you're just cruising on the highway it isn't that bad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts