Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an Apexi intercooler on their teg? Pics? If not, do they make a core that will fit?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Most use the Silvia Core w/ Endtanks, but piping has always been custom or from a RevHard piping kit.

Very few have used this on DC2s for some unknown reason, but it actually extremely good.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
The Hybrid Inter-cooler Series uses an exclusive cross flow design on all the cores. These cores are the only cores designed specifically for front mo...unting. The front of the core uses a delta fin type face with two different types of fins. The fins at the base of the delta wedge are tightly packed while the fins at the top of the delta wedge are loosely packed. This allows the channeled air flow at the base of the delta wedge to cool more air while the loosely packed fins on top prevent any unnecessary wind turbulence. this is a very good design, but it is also very expensive. a silvia core will run around $1200. then you need new endtanks, and you need them welded on. this is becuase apex doesn't make one for hondas. they make them for dsm, supra, rx7, silvia, and skyline.
the one person i have seen with one used a skyline core rather than the silvia core on his 2.2L b20 vtec drag hatch

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
its cool man, you can get the silvia or skyline core only and pick out which end tanks you want to use depending on application

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the silvia core is $600 list price...about 5 on the net, but it's over 9" tall. Will I have to modify the bumper? They also sell one for 92-95 civic but don't give the dimensions. Price is $1000

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
if its 9 inches tall you will have to completely remove the bumper support.
I never knew they made one for hondas, it may be just a small box shaped intercooler. thats how alot of 92-95 civic intercoolers are made

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
It's similar to the one they use for Civics. They made a specific one for the civics. I wish others would use it more often

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
only reason they made a civic specific application was due to the fact that they used to make a turbo kit for the car..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts