Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldnt find anything that said what else you need to install coilovers. i keep seeing people talking about a camber kit but do you need to install one of those if you are going to install coilovers? And is there anything else that i would need to install coilovers on my car?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
camber kits are needed if you lower the teg significantly. moderate lowering does not always require a camber kit but it may. it is all situational.

what are your plans for the car? what kind of coilovers are you getting? are you getting sleeves or full coilovers? how much do you want to lower the car? how much do you want to spend?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hahaha ya i couldnt find where to get the sig. so i did what every one else did. i think.

i was thinking skunk2 all around (camber kit) but that might change with the extra cost of the camber kit. im going to go with full coilovers. im not sure exactly how much i want to lower it thats why i want to go with coilovers that i could change later down the road. and now that i know it is a good idea to put a camber kit on also then i was thinking around 600ish?

i also say some non adjustable coilovers for about 425 does anyone know if they are any good?
http://www.hopupracing.com/tohpse1drsuk4.html

but honestly im not sure if im going to go through with it because i need to paint my car. i really just want to do something to my car if you know what i mean.

·
Registered
985 Posts
From what i keep hearing is that you can drop your car up 1.5 and still be fine without a camber kit. It's the incorrect toe that you have to worry about. I dropping my car 1.5 all around on Teins basic coilover kit and im still going to get front and rear camber kits. I'll probably play around with the height to see what's best for me around my area.Just make sure you get an alignment as soon as you drop your ride.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
shortmorris on Jan/24/06 said:
hahaha ya i couldnt find where to get the sig. so i did what every one else did. i think.

i was thinking skunk2 all around (camber kit) but that might change with the extra cost of the camber kit. im going to go with full coilovers. im not sure exactly how much i want to lower it thats why i want to go with coilovers that i could change later down the road. and now that i know it is a good idea to put a camber kit on also then i was thinking around 600ish?

i also say some non adjustable coilovers for about 425 does anyone know if they are any good?

but honestly im not sure if im going to go through with it because i need to paint my car. i really just want to do something to my car if you know what i mean.
if your getting skunk2 coilovers go with the proseries, theyre about 7hundo, and add 150 for the camber kit, but i think you will not be dissapointed. they allow up to 4 inches of drop, thats what i am doing.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Driftline_TEG99 on Jan/27/06 said:
Quote: shortmorris on Jan/24/06hahaha ya i couldnt find where to get the sig. so i did what every one else did. i think.

if your getting skunk2 coilovers go with the proseries, theyre about 7hundo, and add 150 for the camber kit, but i think you will not be dissapointed. they allow up to 4 inches of drop, thats what i am doing.
no offense but just because its what you're doing, doesnt really mean it's what he needs/wants. check around at the different kinds of coilover available. a lot of people go with koni/gc but you could always do kyb/gc or tokico/gc. point being, most often you get what you pay for. camber kit for front and rear, you're looking b/w 150 and 200. 4" drop is one hell of a drop. i would hate to drive that thing on the streets around here. i would scrape the sh*t out of the bottom of my car. try to find pictures of different drops on tegs and see what you like the best. a decent drop is 1.75"f/1.5"r. a camber kit isnt supposed to be needed unless you are dropping 2" or more. however, it is still HIGHLY recommended. like someone else said, its not necessarily the camber that may cause problems, it will be toe.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
shortmorris on Jan/27/06 said:
cool thanks alot everyone for answering my question. i think im going to put the drop on hold for a while and just go with a lip kit for now.
don't want to deal with the hassle of figuring whats right for you or something?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no i was just thinking that one it would be more hassel and two im getting my car painted hopefully this summer and i might as well have the lip kit so i can paint it all at the same time. but i got what i was looking for.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.