Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was in a discussion with a friend and he said the T3/T4 (.63 ex, .60 comp) turbo on a DOHC B series engine (stock motor) will not spool up till about 5000K.....
back in NY i had T3/T4 with a .48 ex and it spooled really fast about 2000-3000 RPM.....

i am just wondering if anyone has this turbo, just wanna know how well does it perform on the hondas, and how fast does it spools??

later

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yes, I have that turbo, though I haven't installed it yet those number seem about right. Although you'll have more lag the 60/63 will have better efficiency at higher boost. So if you only want to run 6 psi, the smaller turbo spooling quicker would be better. I plan on running ~20psi.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i plan to buy a turbo kit with a T3/T4 with a .63 ex A/R (when i get my insurance money) then after i plan to maybe sell the teg with the turbo kit.

This is a pic OF THE EXACT kit. (i was trying to sell it for my brother in law, but no one has the money to buy)

So this size turbo on a stock B series, running 7-9 PSI will spool up quickly?, or will it have a huge lag?

·
Registered
413 Posts
i have dyno's of a t3w/.68 A/R vs a t3/t4 combo on a b16, the t3 is better than the hybrid throughout the entire powerband, this was at about 15lbs of boost i believe, around 330whp.

the theory seems to be wrong in this case, the t3 is clearly better.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
can i see those dyno's?
i am very curious.

Tuning does has alot to do with what you get from a setup. If i ever plan to keep the integra and do a engine rebuild, i would already have the turbo for it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i have that turbo. mine is full spool at 4K. i have equal length mani. as well. i don't believe the t3 is more efficient than the hybrid. it's just a matter of higher psi, then the hybrid becomes way more efficient. i've grown to love where my turbo spools at. i'll drive it under 3K rpms and i've gotten 30mpg still. and i have no traction already and bringing the spool time down would only make the traction issue worse.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.