Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am about to embark on what will probably be a whole day long project, lowering my car. i bought new shocks and springs, koni reds and eibach sportlines. any suggestions as to things i need to do to make things go along smooth, like do i need any bushings or anything from stock shocks to put onto new shocks, etc..... thanks for the tips in advance.

·
Registered
226 Posts
If possible to make things "smooth", a lift and a spring compressor would help out dramatically. As for things off the old stuff. About the only things you should take and use off the old shocks would be the shock absorbers or 'cushions' on the shock stems. Depending on how much of a lowering job you plan on doing you might need to get a camber kit. If you KNOW you'll need one, I suggest you install it along with everything else to save time and effort. Last thing is, have a game plan as far as what your going to do first etc... that'll save you time. It shouldn't take you more than 3-4 hours depending on where and what your gonna use (tool and eq. wise).

·
Registered
197 Posts
like rowdy said you should take the old bump stops off of the stock shocks and cut them down and install them on the stem of the new shocks... you don't want to run without bumpstops. Secondly, make sure that you have some WD40 around or something that will eat at rust and break those bolts free. That should cover everything that you will need except for tools and a spring compressor. Oh yeah also like rowdy said, you should get a camber kit for atleast the fronts and depending how far you are dropping it possibly the rear. I wouldn't drive more than 1,000 or so miles on your tires without installing camber kits and getting your ride aligned. Good luck and post some pics when you get it done.

·
Registered
544 Posts
well, i just did the job on mine last weekend. The front went easy. The back bolts were rusted solid and broke. Now I have to take it to a shop to get the old bolts out, put new bolts and bushings in. But, yours may not be corroded like mine. The spring compressor was useful on the front.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how much am i suppose to cut off of my bumpstops, anyone have any pics of a spring/shock install

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have a 95 teg, i suppose the back bolts will be fun getting off. i will be using air tools, does anyone know how much it costs if you break the bolts to have them fixed. if breaking the bolts is common in older tegs, and if it cost alot to fix, i might consider having a shop install the shocks/springs so if a bolt breaks its their problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts