Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had an inquirey about my car but i live in va and he lives in ga. has anyone had experience about selling or shipping the car long distance. I dont really know how to go about the money transfer or shipping arrangments. Thanks

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
my mom bought her fx 35 off ebay... it came from texas to florida.. what exactly do you want to know?

as for the money. i suggest a wire transfer directly into your bank account. or a money order/cashiers check.

as for shipping, there are many car transport companies out there to choose from.

don't ship till u receive full payment. and sent the documents separately through fedex.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Yeah, I bought my teg off eBay from Connecticut and had it shipped. It's not a big deal. They will just come pick it up from you.

·
Super Moderator
14,201 Posts
For the shipping let the buyer worry about it. Sell the car and then leave it to him to contact a shipping company to come pick it up from you.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Sep/13/07 said:
I've done it numerous times to get my car from home in Illinois to school in Arizona.

Just find a reputable company at a reasonable price, they're all pretty similar.
most work off a broker network.. they find the driver with the closet route and sublet the work to him. so its basically all the same company.

·
Registered
759 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Acura Integra GSR
2,880 Posts
My boss bought a 68 Camaro off of ebay. During the bidding for the car he sent an appraiser that lived in that area to go look at the car and make sure it was worth what he was going to bid.

After it was all said and done, the shipping price was added onto the winning bid and the car was dropped off directly at his house via 18 wheeler cargo trailer (the ones dealerships use) and it was all good.

I would think that buying a out of state car and shipping it would be a royal pain in the ass, but apparently it's not that bad. His transactions were very smooth.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.