Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I just did an axle swap about a month and a half ago. I'll tell you right from the start, if you don't have an air gun and compressor, you're going to have a tough time. Anyway, here's what I did to swap the axles (others may have different methods):
1. Remove center axle nut in center of hub (assuming you already took off the wheel)
2. Remove the nut that goes from the upper a-arm to the assembly. You'll need a tie rod separator to remove the a-arm or you'll mess up that bolt if you hit it with a hammer.
3. Remove the steering end link on the rear of the assembly.
Your entire assembly should be loose after this. Just push your axle in as far as you can while pulling on your brake assembly to seperate the axle from the hub. Then get a large screwdriver or prybar to separate the axle fom the tranny/ center axle. It should slide right out after that. Installation is the opposite. Have fun. Axle swaps are a bit of a pain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.