Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howd you do it?? I would like to install an antenna that looks like the stock one on an S2000, or maybe this one, on my roof where the hole for the rear washer fluid sprayer thing is. If anyone here has done it, could you possibly tell me how? How did you wire up the antenna from up there? And how did you plug up the hole from the old antenna, other than with tape or shaving it in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Jon B

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just a couple of things:

I am not trying to be a dick, but I remember doning a search on this quite a while ago and found alot of info. Look on G2IC (if it ever gets back up), TI, H-T, and others.

I found pics of it done with the S2000 antenna and also the same one as the VW and Toyota's. If you are set on using the S2k one, you can plug the hole with an OEM Honda plug that was made for an Accord (94?? maybe). Talk to the parts guys at Honda. Second if you just use the antenna you WILL get sh*t for reception. The S2k (car) is equipted with a high quality signal booster just under the antenna. This will not fit under your head liner, so you will have to wire it in-line somewhere. Third you can use a cutter or dremil to enlarge the hole on the roof.

·
Registered
70 Posts
but be carefull on ding any work on the roof of the car, it is very easy to create a major dent around the area you are trying to put the antenna in.

·
Registered
280 Posts
the antenna you are looking at has a built in amplifier so you could very well use that one. make sure you hook the power of that to a switch or the ignition because they draw enough power to drain your battery. nothing to worry about while it is running. just be care full with the install. go with that antenna and good luck with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts