Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had done a fiberglass enclosure molding it to one side of the trunk. I would like to do one with about 1.2cu ft. vol. for 1 12. Is working with 'glass pretty easy? If not, anyone need some extra $ to build me one for my 98 2dr ls?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Its actually not too bad, the trick is to get the volume right.
If you want to do it in the side it is a bit more tricky.
I always tried to do it in the floor just because its easier. If your gonna do it in the side of your trunk you'll have to figure out how you want it to look at the end of the job. You can mold it to the plastic panel (likely the easiest).
To do this, remove the paneland spread bees wax on it and as tight as you can cover it in plastic. You can lay your fibreglass up on this.
once that has set up you can build your wood portion to this. Make sure you build the fibre glass up or you'll get a ton of flex. Screw and glue the medite (or whatever you plan on using) to the glass protion and once cured glass the pieces together to ensure a good seal. From here you can use water to figure out your volume (DoN'T GET THE WOOD WET!). The rest is a simple matter of building a box.
Make sure when you figuring for volume you add the displacement of the sub.
Good luck and PM me if you have any more questions.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Dude i am gonna be honest with you fiber glass is very tough to work with if you have not done so b4. I have made many of these boxes for my buddies cars as well as many other cars in the area. on the weekends i work for a install place that does interiors and systems and things of that nature. This is very time consuming and takes some one with alot of patience. If you do decide to do this make sure you have Adiquet ventaliation and wear a proper breathing apiratous, the reson will make you sick and give you a head ache worse that one from a hangover. If you would like to see some of my work pm me and i will show you i will try to get some on it on here later.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Ok guys here is some of my work that i have done.

This is a teg that i have done its owned by my friend it has won a few awards for best install

Here is the multi sub enclosure for my brothes Dakota

And here is a universal fit dual 12 box that i normally do. I can do 15's or 10's this way too.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
MyLifeGSR on Mar/09/04 said:
Fiberglass isn't too hard to work with, Especially if you build the box out of MDF and fiberglass over it. Personally, I prefer the Lexan look.
I like that the port is a different color...looks really good

1 - 8 of 8 Posts