Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 gsr and just recently bought a greddy sp2 catback. I am very happy with everthing about it besides it getting to me for being loud sometimes. I have I/H/TP/ on my car right now. Any suggestions on how to keep some of the noise down? The only time it really gets to me is in the morning when I drive up and down hilly back roads. I don't have a problem when on the highway. The "droning" of having to change speeds all the time is what I don't like. I know the SP2 is supposidly "a quiet exhaust" (don't know how some of you guys put up with the real loud exhausts), but I'd like to have it a little quieter.

I already put in about 25-30sq feet of "b-quiet" sound deadener in the hatch, and that helped out a bit (really helped with road noise however). I was wondering if I were to take off my test pipe and get a cat if that would help out? I was also thinking of laying down some more "foamy" material underneith the hatch carpet to help deaden. I don't think they have a silencer for my exhaust, and even if they did, don't really like the way they look. Any suggestions in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

BTW- I did try doing a search on this, but the search recently seems to suck and is coming up with about 40 pages of "exhaust" topics, none seeable about noise suppression.

·
Registered
690 Posts
There's a real quick way to make it real quiet. Just give it to me....
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get it, and how much for it? I'm looking to get a greddy header and evo exhaust.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
I have no experience with the SP2, but the only way to make it quieter than what it is would be to get a silencer or go back to stock.

I have the Apexi WS and it is very quiet with a nice tone that is louder outside the car instead of inside.

So basically you have to get rid of it if you don't like the sound if they don't have a silencer.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tegman98 on Apr/07/04 said:
There's a real quick way to make it real quiet. Just give it to me....
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get it, and how much for it? I'm looking to get a greddy header and evo exhaust.
I got my exhaust from a place called www.styledright.com for like 500 shipped. Not sure if that is still the case, but you can check and see. Are there universal silencers that would fit on my exhaust. Even more helpful, could any of you give me any pics of one installed or where to get one. I love the way my exhaust sounds most of the time, it just bellows up into the car and irritates me sometime. I plan on having this exhaust for the life of the car, my old exhaust is shot. I am not regretting buying it, just seeing if there are any simeple ways to keep the sound down.

I guess I could always try putting my stock cat back on and see how much that helps. When researching exhausts, I bought this one under the impression it was quiet. I remember going through some topics on here and one person was selling his because it wasn't loud enough. I was looking into the dc sports catback as well, it being chambered (less power gains) coupled with dc not making it anymore moved me to the all stainless sp2. I think I would have bought the apexi WS if they had it in full stainless.
t

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ya my carsound catalyctic converter increased the sound of my apexi n1, so watch it there, and by the way, there really is no such thing as a high flow catalyctic converter, it restricts airflow, not increase...

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
WrAiN-94LS on Apr/07/04 said:
Ya my carsound catalyctic converter increased the sound of my apexi n1, so watch it there, and by the way, there really is no such thing as a high flow catalyctic converter, it restricts airflow, not increase...
High-flow cat converters aren't much of a restriction on the system, they actually flow about as well as a test-pipe.

Here's our article on cat converters

Notice how much better the Carsound flows than the stock converter.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The test pipe I have on there now is resonated. The exhaust has pretty long resonater and the muffler is a "muffler style" not "can style".

·
Registered
690 Posts
Yeah, Styledright.com is good. I've talked to the guy that works there a lot. I got my AEM CAI from there too.

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
Add a resonator or two to your piping.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.