Team Integra Forums banner

Any suggestions on oxidized finishes

1K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  db7ls 
#1 ·
Hey I was wondering if any 1 had some suggestions on oxidized paint. i have a red 99 and the paint seems to be almost fading on the hood and roof a little bit. I used a product called tr3 resin glaze on it and it helped a little but not enough to take care of the problem. It almost seems like the paint is fading under the clear coat.

#4 ·
Behold the power of AIO! Do a search here for 'oxidation'. That should do it. Or check out the detailing articles. There is already a ton of information here on how to deal with this. Red is the worst color for oxidation. You need to keep your car properly protected from now on. This is a result of lack of protection. Start waxing your car once in awhile.

#6 ·
Well, if the wax isn't protecting against oxidation then you should use something else. You need something more durable than carnauba. I would suggest to anyone that they use a sealant like Klasse or Platinum or Zaino or something. The durability is much better than a wax and the protection from fading and oxidation is much better. The bottom line is that whatever you have been using isn't protecting your car from oxidation. You need to step it up.

How long have you been waxing once a month? Have you been doing it ever since the car was brand new? If you are not the first owner then its possible that the previous owners didn't take very good care of it.

#9 ·
Chad...

I'm not sure how much reading you've done on any detailing stuff...but if Anthony (Jngrbrdman), Sean (GSRStylez), or Ross (StyleTeg) make any suggestions; I'd just about hold them as detailing gospel! They're by far the most experienced in this arena of anyone on our board. This board is all about more experienced people helping less experienced. ALL three of these guys are ALWAYS helpful. God knows I've been picking their brains, too.

For your information, Klasse is an acrylic sealant. It removes old wax, oxidation, etc. If that before/after shot of what Klasse AIO will do isn't impressive to you, I don't know what is.

Try some Klasse. I can't see you being dissatisfied.

#12 ·
Hmmm...I think I'm gonna give AIO another shot on Thursday. Is there a trick to really making the AIO work? It didn't seem to help with any of the oxidation. Would using QD as clay lube before the AIO have anything to do with this? would it prevent the AIO from being effective?

#13 ·
Apply AIO with a damp applicator. That seems to help. If you are using it to remove oxidation then it is going to take a lot of elbow grease. It will not be easy to remove by hand. Using a tool such as a PC is how it would be best done. It can be done by hand. Just don't expect it to be easy. If it was easy then everybody would be doing it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.