Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
during the garage build, we replaced the head gasket off of the gsr motor(bone stock b18c1) for a cometic mls .120" head gasket.
when we replaced the head gasket, we DID NOT make any changes to the clearance of the head or block(no milling, no resurfacing, etc.).
*we just took off the head, cleaned it, changed gasket, then torque back the head down.

my question is that, should there be any issues arriving when we redo the timing(due to the increased height of the cometic gasket)? is there going to be a problem that the t-belt is too short or what?

we also bought cam gears too. so should we leave the cam gears set at zero or makes adjustments(due to the increase height of the gasket)?

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Maybe people haven't chimed in because they don't have any factual advice to contribute.....

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
you should not have any problems wiht the timing belt fitting you jsut wont have to put as much tension on it seeing as how some of the slack was given up. and as for the cam gear adjustments leave them at zero untill you can get on a dyno than you play around with them.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
surfingsk8r on Feb/05/06 said:
you should not have any problems wiht the timing belt fitting you jsut wont have to put as much tension on it seeing as how some of the slack was given up. and as for the cam gear adjustments leave them at zero untill you can get on a dyno than you play around with them.
thanks for your post. its nice to hear... so, i'll be on my way then. just waiting for new parts to come in for the build.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow, just a follow up on this thread(i know it was a while back). the gasket has held up fine using arp hardware. this 180K+ motor is seeing a bout 12 psi no problem(tuned by ravermotorsports).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.