Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just want to know how much? whats the setup and is it worth to get for a little go..and the car is for show.

·
Registered
248 Posts
MorningZ on Sep/02/02 said:
ucfknight37 could tell you "hell yes its worth it"
I second that!!!!!! talk to him he knows his stuff!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Someone told me its not to great of ideal to supercharge or turbocharge an automatic because its to hard on the tranny? is that true?

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Jeffs4drteg on Sep/02/02 said:
Someone told me its not to great of ideal to supercharge or turbocharge an automatic because its to hard on the tranny? is that true?
considering that Jackson's "test car" was an automatic LS for their non-VTEC charger, i'd say that whoever that "someone" is had zero evidence to back that up..... auto trannys can be beefed up just like a manual can... (btw, the Jackson car was stock tranny)

·
Registered
962 Posts
i am glad you guys brought this up... i have my stock ls still.. i am planing on 5spd conversion.. but i dont want to spend the money on that.. not now... i just got some gsr wheels and i have a gsr reverse indiglo cluster(they sent me the wrong one).. so people assume its a gsr when they pull up to it.. and they get all disapointed when they notice its a AT cuz i am not bout to race it.. but anyways.. what is some of the differences in AT and 5spd when it comes to FI??? or just power out puts??? i know it depends on me on if i make it a 5spd, what is some of ya'lls input on this?? make it or leave it??? just some ideas so i know what to do.. thanks.

·
Registered
271 Posts
As, ucfknight37
I can most definitely tell ya that it's worth it!!! Especially when u tune it up right (at least 8psi). Yes, it is a little harder on the tranny, but after being dyno tuned, my supercharged auto ls (gs) rocks and rolls, especially with that little bottle of giggle gas that I added in the trunk (lol). Thx for the PR work guys
Anyone, please feel free to contact me and I'll share my experiences w/ ya...

·
Registered
688 Posts
Wish I had done it earlier then I did. Now I'm a straight up boost freak. Drag Gen III, all i changed was the spark plugs to colder ones

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well on autos the only time you're really gonna blow off is when you let off the throttle in boost since the tb doesnt close between shifts.

·
Registered
608 Posts
how fast are ur guy's cars? referring to all u FI guys ET times please

·
Registered
549 Posts
if they had slips, it would be under the slips section, not many FI guys with slips here for some reason

1 - 12 of 12 Posts