Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just thinking of how alot of people complain about theft of their cars and how acura's are on of the most stolen cars. but anyways here is what i do.. my steering wheel disconnects from the base so if i want i can just stuff it in my backback. plus i have a remote alarm.. so if anyone really wants to try and steal my car its going to be a ***** because once they start messing with stuff trying to get it hooked up to a truck or whatever ill be notified. if all fails thats what full coverage insurance is for right! and if my car was ever stolen i would put a nice downpayment on a supra tt and just buy another integra.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Wow, you have a remote alarm that notifies you if someone is messing with your car? Man, our troubles are over now, where have you been?!?!?!

·
Registered
301 Posts
integraloco on Sep/13/02 said:
...and if my car was ever stolen i would put a nice downpayment on a supra tt and just buy another integra.
man is it just me or are a lot of us teg owners really big fans of the supra? i know i am.
but as far as taking off your steering wheel, that method has been around for a while. they even sell anti-theft kits like that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
integraloco, which remote pager style alarm do you have? how well does it work, whats the range like, etc? i just had my integra stolen this past monday and am currently researching better security systems. I really want to get one of those pager things, but have found very little info on which ones are actually any good.

·
Registered
663 Posts
my brother just got a 6-speed twin turbo supra last week. i've driven it and man, let me just say i'd put my integra aside for a supra.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
i prefer the old "large pitbull in the backseat" method.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Yeah, the pitbull method works good, except when you try to use him for long periods at a time. I've found the batteries seem to run out, and once thier dead it starts to smell in my car...

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
pitbull shmitbull..weak. I have a sniper on top of my roof with night vision equipped, hes a bum so I only have to pay him 2 dollars a day hes a pretty good shot too,you people should look into this alternitive method of security.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I simply put a toggle switch on my fuel pump and a toggle switch on my MSD ignition system(hidden of coarse!).Besides them backing a tow truck up to my car,it's going NOWHERE!!!Get past the security and these two hidden switches,I dare ya!!!!!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
gotvtec72, how did you put a toggle switch on your fuel pump? and where can you get it done? cuz I don't know how.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well,I did it myself,your fuel pump has two wires going to it.What you(and everyone else...if interested)can do is take the keyed hot wire (yellow w/ green stripe)and wire a toggle switch in line.Run extra wire so you can hide your switch.You can catch the wire either at the pump or in driver side kickpanel up front.The pump is located under the back seat.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Lol, its all a waste of time if this happens:

"I know friend of a friend who had a 3000gt, loaded with aftermarket goodies from subs in the trunk to fatter turbos and a built motor. To protect his investment he threw shightloads into a fancy ass alarm system and engine disabling gadgets. That was great until some theives who must have been able to recognize the cars worth and had probably staked it out put it on the back of a tow truck, stripped it to the bones of every last valuable piece of hardware, and dumped it and the truck in an empty lot."

True story, tell me if that doesnt suck balls.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I'm gonna get a shotgun put it next to my door, and when I hear my alarm go off, I'm gonna take the loaded shot gun and rush down to my car and start shotting the f**kers all over the place and call the cops and arrest does ***** ass mothaf**kers!

·
Registered
244 Posts
maybe its me, but i prefer the s2000 over the supra
i like the fuel cutoff idea. if anyone is so desperate to steal my car, that they actualy gonna stake it, then they are fools cuz im pretty much bone stock.

·
Registered
244 Posts
maybe its me, but i prefer the s2000 over the supra
i like the fuel cutoff idea. if anyone is so desperate to steal my car, that they actualy gonna stake it, then they are fools cuz im pretty much bone stock.

·
Registered
354 Posts
yeh we did the fuel cutoff on my buddies del sol... even better than the ignition kill on the viper alarm cus all you have to do is basically uninstall it... As far as the supra thing goes the supra will kick the s2000s ass but RX-7 is even better has a much better suspension... in fact currently the rx-7 race with saleen mustang and corvette Z06 in super-stock autocross events.. The supra is just A stock and the s2000 is B stock

·
Registered
354 Posts
oh one other thing as far as those pagers go they dont allways work far enough away... i have a viper600 with every option under the sun (i install them at work) and one time i heard the alarm go off without the pager notifiying me... i honestly think the piezzo alarms (cause ear damage) do more for the car than the pager does... I put the piezzos in several places within the car i have challanged friends to be able to sit in the car for longer than a few seconds NOT GoNNA HAPPEN. also advanced warning and the no false alarms are very important. The last false i had was over a month ago when thunder struck one of those round things on a telephone pole.. i even have a prox sensor etc. etc. no falses so if it goes off my neighbors will look..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts