Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to remove my stock antenna in favor of one that I can put across either my front or back windshield on the inside for a cleaner look. Is this something I can wire up myself, if so where is the best place to look for one? If not where should I take it to get it done?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
You may could do it your self. First remove th old antenna and wire and put a plug, bondo or something (may not look good.) then drill a hole where u want the new antenna the same diameter as the other and run the wire through there. It's that simple.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Yeah, the biggest issue is shaving the old one and not having it leak. Its costly to have a part shaved and painted. You can try Fuba-D Volks antenna (like the Jettas) Outcast24 (Jeff) has one or you can do an S2000 antenna. Otherwise, you could probably just lower the housing on the stock antenna, plug the silver cap and disconnect the 12v wire. That way, the mast doesnt go up and down and you're still powered. Run a lil' coax antenna cable in the plastic part then hide it in the panels.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
rwaggie on Apr/12/04 said:
Yeah, the biggest issue is shaving the old one and not having it leak. Its costly to have a part shaved and painted. You can try Fuba-D Volks antenna (like the Jettas) Outcast24 (Jeff) has one or you can do an S2000 antenna. Otherwise, you could probably just lower the housing on the stock antenna, plug the silver cap and disconnect the 12v wire. That way, the mast doesnt go up and down and you're still powered. Run a lil' coax antenna cable in the plastic part then hide it in the panels.
will coax cable work? wouldn't the sheilding on it prevent it from receiving radio transmission?... thought thats why they used it to run to/from the radio in the first place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts