Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Trying to install an antenna override switch today....but I have a couple questions..that need to be answered that weren't from a search!!..
do i need to disconnect the battery??...i dont have the security code for the radio...is there a way i can avoid having to reset my radio?...also does the illuminated switch have to be 12v?...idunno anything about electronics!!!...but have read posts/articles and think i can do this!!!...so please help...thanks...

·
Registered
603 Posts
once the headunit loses power, it will reset. which is sucks. whats the purpose of having security on a stock cd player. i'm sure the dealership will be able to give it to you. are you going to the Markham meet?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so even if i just cut into the antenna wire itll reset???

whens the markham meet?..i wasnt able to go to the bluffs last month...

·
Registered
756 Posts
you don't have to disconnect the battery, but i know when i did my switch, i had to disconnect all the cables in the back of the cd player. you will probably have to go to a dealership to get the code.

i'm sure the switch is dependant in the current reading (edit - 5A) not the voltage.

if you need more help, follow this:

Antenna Cutout Switch

good luck.

·
Registered
603 Posts
i think the 24th. the only way it will reset is if you take out the harness. if you wanted to work while it is still in there, then i guess that is your choice. i don't know the pros and cons of that. i figure it would just be harder.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
you can catch the wire in the Driver side door sill (yes, theres lots of wires, but there is only one Yellow/Green that shows 12v with radio on, and no 12v with radio off)..

find it, cut it, splice in a switch and optionally a relay (i recommend a relay, that's why the article is like that).. done

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
one way you could do it is to open the panel on the driverside in the back where the antenna motor is. Find the power wire for that and split those and splice it with a wire and run them to to your switch. That worked for me.(I didn't want to cut the wires on the harness) If you want you can also attach an led to the switch using power from that wire you just cut. It is a 12 volt source so all you need to to run a ground from that LED. It looks pretty cool when you flip the switch for the antenna and a LED lights up . Your friends will be distracted by the LED so they won't notcice the antenna going up. You don't need to disconnect the battery for this since the source isn't constant, it turns on with the key and the radio so if you leave the switch on and you turn off the radio, the antenna will go back down. Just another way, hope that works for you. plus there's more room to work with.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey thanks for the info everyone...this helps a lot...i think i can tackle it on now...ive removed the centre console before and i think i saw the yellow/green wire...so radio shack here i come!!...

to all the ontario members...ill most likely make the august 24 meet...id like to get an inspection and finally meet some members...i just got an oil change tho..so hopefully i can work something out with that..

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok...went to radio shack..but had no idea..what to get..lol...i found a switch i can use tho...but have no clue as to what kind of wire to use...

can someone provide me with a parts list?...im going to use an illuminated switch..

thanks..

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey Z, what guage wire should i use...and i need the spst relay right if im using an illuminated switch??

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the switch i found...is a spst relay...does that make sense??...or do i need to get a separate relay??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts