Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I used 1" aluminum square tubing, 13/32 hollow copper tubing, and zipties to hold it together. The bolt is 1/4" fine thread pitch. I found random neoprene washers the reduce vibration, and to make the bolt the right lenght.

the other design

Pros:
wont stab you in the neck if you crash
Smaller/cheaper to build

Cons:
cant have anyone in the passenger seat[

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Hey that's pretty cool man. I've seen the other design before, but I think I like yours beter. I think it might be more stable that the off-to-the-side camera mount. I think I just might build me one of them.

·
Registered
289 Posts
sweet, thats what i was assuming... Seems like it would be annoying losing the passengers seat tho. Id say to try and design something that can be removed after racing...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
emanLS. That bracket fits into the holes where the headrest goes in. When i tape, I pop out the headrest, and put that in. When Im done i replace the headrest. You cant have someone in the front passenger seat, because their head would block the camera. They can sit in the back

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
may I make a suggestion?

If your camera has a hot shoe mount on the top, you can fabricate a bracket to the top of that. then using some rounded aluminum pieces you can create a top brace for extra stabilization.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
That is pretty damn brilliant man! Often some of the most simple ideas are the most impressive. that would make an awsome stable tripod plus a really good angle for the whole videotaping.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
95SilverBullet on Feb/10/04 said:
Ive got the off the side of pass side seat mount, and trust me, its VERRRY stable. No visible movement in videos.
It really depends on the type of camera you are using. lighter, and smaller cameras don't need that extra stabilization but heavier cameras like the GL1, XL 1 and the big "pro" cams need that extra stablization.

Film gurus like me love having stable shots. Even if it seems like there is no need for it, I can see small annoying movements in the picture haha. But that's just me.

Really by bracing the top, it will reinforce the lateral movements and also prevent the bottom mount from becoming a turn table.

If you notice, when you mount the bottom of the camera, it is on a single thumb screw. That single thumb screw will be come a turn table. The hot shoe location is near the front of the camera, placing a mount up there will prevent the camera from turning left or right therefore ensuring your picture stays where you want it to stay.

We all know the importance of never over tightening/torqueing a threaded mechanism. If you do, you can cause damage to soemthing or seize it. You are only supposed to tighten that bottom screw snugly, not tight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts