Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It can be found here http://www.zealautowerks.com/

This is the only calculator I've seen online that correctly reflect the CTR pistons compression in different engine builds. I don't know who is more correct Omniman or this calculator. Either way it's only off .2 or so. I'm doing the research now.

The CTR Piston Thread on Honda-Tech

Now this calculator, is still being tested for all the differenet combinations available. I ask that the members help me determine if there's any incorrect raito's that come up. I've checked the most popular setup's and have found them to be pretty accurate. If there's any incorrect ratio's just post in this thread so that it can be discussed.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never knew that.

I also figured it was the headgasket thickness. I've been searching for a accurate source of what the oem headgasket thickness is.

You wouldn't happen to have a link of hand would you?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I think I figured it out. Stock headgasket thickness is 0.66mm or 0.26 inches. Some people round it up to 0.7mm so both is correct, but entering 0.66mm is more accurate.

Now to check the deck height for the calculators.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I also put my information in and got a 0.2 variance...

I am wondering is there any way to verify this with a Compression TEST?

We take the measurement and apply the formula so according to this you have a certain Ratio... of say 11.7:1 then you do a compression test and get a 255psi reading across the cylinders maybe with +- 5 variance between them...

while the 255 reading is within tolerance of HoNDA's Spec it is higher than average.. Furthermore the book say anywhere between 135 and 270??? with no more than a +- 20 variance between the cylinders...

Anyway, It seems that 11.7:1 ratio should yeild a certain number of PSI.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
there is no relationship between a compression test and compression ratio quantitatively.

a compression test merely measures the degree of ring seal as you manually crank over the motor.

why would you think a compression test or ring seal worthiness correlates numerically to a measured ratio of 2 volumes ?

it shows that you don't understand the concept of static CR.

all static CR represents is the volume of the cylinder when the piston is at the bottom most in it's travel or BDC (Bottom Dead Center) divided by the volume of the cylinder when the piston is at the very top of it's travel or TDC (Tod Dead Center).

qualititatively , the higher the static CR, the trend towards a higher compression test IF YOUR RINGS ARE SEALING PROPERLY AFTER BREAKING IN THE ENGINE. You can have a high static CR number and if you screwed up on the cylinder honing or your cylinder walls weren't straight or if the rings did not seat properly on break in, then your compression test is low.

Who told you that there's a numerical correlation between static CR and the compression test??? Go and correct him or else he's another misguided individual spreading wrong info on the internet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.