Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago I Broke my right axle, making a left at a light, I was driving like an asshole, I made the turn when the light turned green cutting off oncoming traffic. When I accelerated my axle just snapped, anyway I got that fixed! Today I notice a vibration coming from the front right wheel; as soon as I felt the vibration it made me very uncomfortable. It only happens during acceleration, I tried to hear/feel it in neautral but I couldn't, do you guys think I'ts the axle again?? What sucks about the whole thing is that I had an appointment for a tuning session tommorrow morning, I don't feel safe making some dyno pulls now. I think I may need to invest in some aftermarket axles? Does anyone one think I may have to much power for oem axles? SOrry for the lengthiness

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No warranty either
Turns out I had a broken motormount, so I couldn't get it warantied. I was in a desperate situation, oh well I am beat

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
i doubt you're making too much power... just stop driving like an a$$, and my guess is you slam that high-performance clutch when you're doing so, you're just jarring your axles too much... it's not good for the motor mounts either

·
Registered
176 Posts
on the topic of mounts, is the only place i can get replacement transmission mounts the dealer ship?

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
of course not! there's aftermarket everything for our tegs!
unless you don't want high-performance, where it'll probably be a little harder to find stock-like mounts.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies; I was looking at the axle, visually it looked fine, their is no play in there whatsoever, but I am going to put on a lift now to make sure;, it worries the sh*t out of me!

·
Registered
461 Posts
wheel bearing might have gone bad. check that out

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
dude when you replace 1 axle you have to replace both of them at the same time, so they can be even.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am thinking it's the wheel bearing also, because it feels like their is dirt in the bearing; Isn't the wheel bearing part of the axle or am I mistaken? I just had her jacked up, everything looked fine but the sound is still there...Can I just buy the bearing? In case your wondering, yes, I am an idiot

·
Registered
461 Posts
You don't need to replace the axel. you can get just the bearing. you do however have to take it to a shop and get it pressed off and a new one pressed on.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Most likely it's your CV Boot, Probably ripped or something like that.. I had the same problem with my integra just taking turns to fast while accelerating. You only hear it while you turn and accelerate right? I guess if you gotta change the CV boot it's worth to just change the whole axel but phatintegra was right about changing both axels at the same time.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It doesn't happen when I turn, mostly when I go in a straight line. I tried to hear it in neutral, but I couldn't, only while I accelerated. I had my car on a lift, there was no sign of any damage to the cv boot. It isn't a ticking sound, it's more of a vibrating rumble, but it happens when I step on the throttle. Wierd thing is, I drove my sister to brooklyn at about 5pm eastern time, and on the way back I could barely feel or hear any problem whatsoever, but I know it still there.

·
Registered
461 Posts
no problem sleeper. my one freind accually just had the same problem in her 91 accord. i am not to shure of the cost of the repair though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts