Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran a search and have not found pics of anodized look paint here. I want to paint my emblems an anodized blue look to compliment my wheels and tint, but i wanna know two things:
1) What paint to use/where to get it/how to use it?
2) How well does this last and will it chip off?
3) How will i reattach the factory emblems because i think i need to glue them on?

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
you could probably use the DIY anodizing article to your advantage as far as products go.
if you do it right and clear coat it it should last long. and just use adhesive to reattach your emblem

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
they have anodized look paint at advance auto in the paint section...you have to buy the base coat for it to look right and most people dont buy the base coat bc it looks like a can of silver paint and it doesnt say base coat on it all that big so its easy to overlook....i've never actually used it, but some customers had and said it turned out pretty good....just follow the directions on the back, which would also tell you to use the base coat but most people dont read directions........don't know how long it last or if it fades or chips......and buy new emblems to do this on, otherwise you're going to do all that work and they wont stick, or if you do get them to stick on by putting something else on the back, it gonna bulge.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
when I anodized my fuel filter I just used a primer coat for adhesion and then the "Chrome" spray paint before the anodized look paint makes it shine a bit more IMO

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
just buy new ones...they cant be that much, but i wouldnt know bc..i don't have emblems....hehehe.....no seriously, just do they job right and buy new ones, i found it never pays to cheap out...well not usually anways....and like i said b4, imagine doing all of that work and then they cant stick back on, that would suck!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
i have anodized many parts of my car and what i use is metalicast base coat and blue top coat for all of my stuff i dont use a clear coat but you can if you want to metallicast is made by dupli color by the way and its east to use just go in light even coats.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
integrapunk67 on Apr/03/04 said:
so will i be able to reattach the emblems? Has anyone even done this to theirs?
Yes, 3m(?) makes a double sided thin piece of foam adhesive similar to what is on it stock. Ebay does have the emblems that you can just buy would be like $20 for a new set and then you'd always have the stock to sell with the car if whoever didn't like the anodized look!
Later,
Jared

1 - 9 of 9 Posts