Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have read the article about making your own angel eyes or halo's and i want to do it a little different. i am going to make four halo's and i want them to come on when i turn the ignition. i read morningz's article on radio tips and where to wire for the ignition but i dont know what kind of fuse to use if for example i use the same leds as in teh article and how to wire it all if anyone cam help i would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I think it's because he wants them on whenever the key is anything but the off position and it's really not all that much harder...he just needs an inline fuse and was wondering what type he'd need (from what I gathered)

you can buy this fuse holder pictured above, but I'd suggest just going to wal-mart or radio shack.
Later,
Jared

·
Registered
1,955 Posts

Why is that so much more? The only thing that could make it require more wiring is if he wanted to do it with a relay but with the amount of power a led needs is doubtfull it's needed.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
dang the pic was compressed to much anyway it goes

+ from fuse panel > inline fuse > resistor (proper size) > wire ran to led(s) > ground

The other thing is just that, that's how he's decided he wants it wired it may be more work, but I know if it comes down to more work versus less and me not liking it as much I generally will do the extra work! $.02

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
90_integraLS you are dead on on what i want to do thanks man.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey one thing man i cant see the drawing that clearly can you make a larger and clearer one please it is much appreciated

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I've already deleted it and won't have access to graphics for a couple days. jut go by the text and anything that isn't a straight line is what goes there

+ Spade terminal ----- |FUSE| ------ ~~~resistor~~~ -----(LEDs) ---- ground

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
also one thing that's not needed but that I'd suggest is a switch so that it is easy to turn off just incase you ever decide you don't want them on
Later,
Jared

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
awesome man you totaly helped with theis diy project when its done ill send you some pics cause well i couldnt have done it without you man thanks

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey you said a 5 amp fuse would work for 8 3.6v,20mA leds right or should it be a ten amp fuse

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
The 5amp should be fine they are only 20mA so 8 X .2A = 1.6A (if my conversion is correct if not the number would be EVEN lower) so a 5 amp should be fine. Remember the fuse is there to protect the wire not the product
and put it as close to the + terminals as possible infact when you buy the fuse if you can crip the terminal to the wire they gave you and still have it secure that would probably be best for you!
Later,
Jared

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
awesome thanks man

1 - 17 of 17 Posts