Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, okay in planning out my sub/amp install

i think i want a switch for my amp so that i can turn the subs off if i want

where would i wire this? the 12v+ or the remote turn on wire? anyone already have this, please let me know

thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey there:

Does your deck have a non-fade output? Usually your amp would be wired to this output (not amplified), and it might have a volume control....

As to your actual question... ?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't think my deck has a "fading" output, unless those rca pre-amp outs are fading

there is remote turn on wire that i currently have connected to my power antenna lead, so i will have to tap off that to connect to the amp

but i have a feeling that only sends a signal when the unit turns on and off, and is not a continous signal that a switch would work on

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wire the switch to your power antenna lead off the radio going to the amp (remote turn on). The amp will turn off and on with the radio, and if the radio is on and you don't want the subs on for some reason, you can hit the switch. Don't wire the switch to the 12v supply from the battery, it would work fine, but if you forgot to turn the switch off, the amp would stay on while the car was off....not good. I don't really think you need one. I installed switches in some applications with factory head units. I didn't want to tap into the harness and find the antenna, so I just wired it to the cigarette lighter and threw a switch in. My Head Unit has a set of sub woofer outputs with subwoofer level. Just set it to 0. I still have power since the radio is on, but there's no signal, and thus no bass. I have a circuit breaker (intead of fuse)on the passenger floor board I can trip to cut power from the battery. Go with what you want to do. Good luck.

·
Registered
402 Posts
your amp does have a non-fading preout. which means that it will also likely have a NF control in the deck, which means you will be able to control the amp from the deck, and you dont need the separate switch. mt kenwood has a control to control sub amp level and to turn it off and on from the deck, its actually quite handy.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
if you have your amp wired to the power ant. wire I would think it would only go on with radio not the cd.
just put a toggle switch on your amp remote wire and you'll be all set

1 - 7 of 7 Posts